“Not a Good place to stay”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Ranked #72 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Hi,
I stayed in this hotel and found it terrilbe to stay here, TV was not working properly and when i told the front desk, they dont care about it. Front desk is really bad, they are not friendly. Kind of creepy place to stay. Room service is very bad. All they care about is money that's it, no respect for people, rather they can run a hostel instead of a hotel. Folks choose some other friendly hotel in Tinicum rather than this piece of junkyard.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

This Extended Stay Hotel was not anything that was portrayed on their website. I'm not sure where they got the pictures for this hotel but it wasn't this one. The rooms walls were paper thin. You could hear everything going on in the next rooms. The drains ran very, very slow and should have had Drano or something poured down them. The windows had no screens on them. Will not stay at one of these hotels again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry that you stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. In response, I am working with our staff to enhance our offerings overall so that we are more in line with our company's high standards.

We continually to improve our hotel so I really appreciate your providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at agonzalez@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel after our refresh, or any of our other brand locations across the US and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

First I only choose this hotel because all the surrounding hotels were booked for this specific day. I can say that this was my worst choice in life. The hotel had a weird smell as soon as you came in. My room was on the fourth floor. It was a smoking room but it didnt smell like cigarettes it smelled like body odor or something. Not a clean hotel smell. The tub had hair in it. Wow really ? Not a small piece of hair but long strands of hair that was easily seen but not cleaned. The wash clothes were still dirty they had hair intertwined in the cotton. I found this to be the second disgusting thing there. The top reason I will never come back to extended stay ever ! Me and my boyfriend woke up to what clearly was bed bug bites !!!! I will never ever come back to this hotel. The room is a basic room nothing fancy or spectacular about it at all. All in all this hotel is not even worth the 100 dollars I paid for it. They need to lower their prices to 35 a night. And fire their cleaning staff and hire all new ones. I can say that the man that checked us in was friendly. But this hotel gets a negative rating from me.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank CiaraN94

Ciara - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am truly sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room and the odor that you smelled. Please know, I am working closely with our staff to deep clean the room to ensure these issues do not affect our future guests. As well, our housekeeping staff is making an effort to improve their cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly at agonzalez@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

The lobby is small and dirty. The staff is not very professional. When I entered my room it seemed old, out of date, and not very clean compared to other places I've stayed. I travel for business a few times a year and on personal vacations often. I haven't ever experienced anything like this. When I pulled back the comforter there was another persons hair all over the blanket. There was hair in the tub still that wasn't removed from the drain from the cleaning crew. There was no shower curtain, but there was a pole for one. The bathroom floor was coming up from near the tub. The door to the room did not lock well, it had to be dead bolted to stay shut. The room was on the first floor with windows that opened to a parking lot. It didn't feel safe for someone traveling out of town, alone. There were no immentities available to the customer.

After being in the room for 1 hour, I called my employer to confirm I could leave. I went and stayed at another hotel closer to the airport. After I left, I entered a new hotel... a clean room, felt safe, and slept well.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Also, when my employer called to complain the customer service rep or manager was rude, did not offer any reduction to cost or refund. Says alot about the customer service there.... There isn't any!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MM F
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This Extended Stay hotel has provides clean, reasonably priced, basic, rooms. A plus for me is that the hotel is on two or three city bus lines, 10 minutes from the airport that will also take you to downtown Philadelphia.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for the positive review of our property. We are continuously working to improve the service we provide our guests and your feedback keeps this from repeating. I am happy to know that you were able to take advantage of the convenience of the public transportation in our area. We will be undergoing a refresh renovation in December 2013. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stayed there saturday July 20 as a last minute hotel search, this was the worst room i have ever seen, the fitted sheets were turned inside out , wondering if they were ever changed at all, the bugs behind the toilet were killed by the black slime coming from under the toilet tank as a , being late with grouchy kids we slept on top of the comforters and stayed out of the bathroom.

Management please dont apologize for something as basic as cleaning issues.( NOT ACCEPTABLE ) If you need i can send you the pictures.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dchavez269
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Add $40 total to the list price for your taxi to & from the airport if this is an overnight layover.

Just go book a slightly more expensive hotel and get the free shuttle.

Worn out hunk of junk:
Physical holes in the counter top
Black hairs all over the shower floor
Nasty ring marks left by lip of cup in cupboard
Stained Carpets

If it's this or sleeping at the airport, choose the airport.

You have been worned.
AVOID.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Derek_F_Jacobs
Travellers also viewed these Philadelphia hotels
Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Airport
Courtyard Philadelphia Airport
Courtyard Philadelphia Airport
#47 of 88 in Philadelphia
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel

Been to Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.

Address: 9000 Tinicum Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19153-3101 (Formerly Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport)
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #72 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Price Range: £63 - £86 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd. 2.5*
Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. Parking: $10/night up to 7 nights ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Airport Hotel Philadelphia