“Keep away for your own good”

Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
Ranked #71 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Houston, Texas
“Keep away for your own good”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Place is still painting and fixing rooms. There are four or five heavy duty industrial blowers in hallways running around the clock, probably drying the paint. But they brazenly actually charge guests for staying in such a place.
Even when they finally paint it over, the seediness will not go. I do not want to know what is going on in rooms where people keep coming and going late at night.

This chain is in general really going down, and this place is one of those "flagships" which are probably heading the way, right towards the half-way house reputation.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this place, for starters.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank B K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
London, Kentucky
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I would like to give my up most gratitude to the General Manage Kathy Gannon and her staff. They are well trained and very helpful. My stay here has been excellent thus far and I'm looking forward to how well the rest of my stay goes. Kathy and her staff work very hard in taking care of the guest and providing them with all the comforts of home. Kathy and her staff go above and beyond the call of duty. I almost feel like I am at home, the staff is a great reflection of how well run this hotel is, they are always helpful and quickly in helping and taking care of their guest. In all my years of traveling I have yet to encounter a place that has the excellent quality of this hotel staff. This hotel has a great location with plenty to do just within minutes of the hotel. My best recommendation for staying here would most definitely be the staff and management, I cannot say enough good things about them. So for anyone traveling in the Philadelphia area and plans to stay for any length of time I highly, highly recommend this hotel for your stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tommy F
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Great hotel, nice rooms, great location, minutes from the expressway. The staff is very helpful and nice, especially the GM Kathy Gannon, she helped with all of our problems dealing with corporate lodging, very considerate, kind, and a people person. I would highly recommend staying here just because of the staff and management.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 December 2013

When my husband and I arrived on thanksgiving day we were met at the front desk by a beautiful smile and personality, her name is Nicole and she is just a doll. Even though she was away from her family on the holiday she was so friendly and helpful, you can just tell this young lady loves her job and does all she can to make your stay pleasant.
Even though the hotel is going through a renovation it has been very quiet and the staff has been so very kind. As someone who travels for a living all I can say is I wish you had a Nicole at all your locations. My room was clean and very comfortable ,the staff is so very helpful and friendly, even my dog has been happy here as she loves the attention she gets from the front desk to the other guest . I've read some of your other reviews and I can only say there is no way some of those people stayed in the same place as my husband and I are staying in now. You have a customer for life with us, Thank you all so much for making us feel at home on the road, and a special thank you to Nicole for being so kind and helpful during our stay.

Room Tip: My room is on the second floor by the stair well and elevator and it is still very quiet, I think an...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Crystal - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff, especially Nichole, provided you and your Husband with such great service. As well, it is great to know that you found our hotel to be quiet, regardless of the construction going on, and our location to be ideal.

PA
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Hi,
I stayed in this hotel and found it terrilbe to stay here, TV was not working properly and when i told the front desk, they dont care about it. Front desk is really bad, they are not friendly. Kind of creepy place to stay. Room service is very bad. All they care about is money that's it, no respect for people, rather they can run a hostel instead of a hotel. Folks choose some other friendly hotel in Tinicum rather than this piece of junkyard.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

This Extended Stay Hotel was not anything that was portrayed on their website. I'm not sure where they got the pictures for this hotel but it wasn't this one. The rooms walls were paper thin. You could hear everything going on in the next rooms. The drains ran very, very slow and should have had Drano or something poured down them. The windows had no screens on them. Will not stay at one of these hotels again.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd., responded to this review, 1 November 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry that you stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. In response, I am working with our staff to enhance our offerings overall so that we are more in line with our company's high standards.

We continually to improve our hotel so I really appreciate your providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at agonzalez@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel after our refresh, or any of our other brand locations across the US and Canada in the future.
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

First I only choose this hotel because all the surrounding hotels were booked for this specific day. I can say that this was my worst choice in life. The hotel had a weird smell as soon as you came in. My room was on the fourth floor. It was a smoking room but it didnt smell like cigarettes it smelled like body odor or something. Not a clean hotel smell. The tub had hair in it. Wow really ? Not a small piece of hair but long strands of hair that was easily seen but not cleaned. The wash clothes were still dirty they had hair intertwined in the cotton. I found this to be the second disgusting thing there. The top reason I will never come back to extended stay ever ! Me and my boyfriend woke up to what clearly was bed bug bites !!!! I will never ever come back to this hotel. The room is a basic room nothing fancy or spectacular about it at all. All in all this hotel is not even worth the 100 dollars I paid for it. They need to lower their prices to 35 a night. And fire their cleaning staff and hire all new ones. I can say that the man that checked us in was friendly. But this hotel gets a negative rating from me.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank CiaraN94
Ciara - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am truly sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room and the odor that you smelled. Please know, I am working closely with our staff to deep clean the room to ensure these issues do not affect our future guests. As well, our housekeeping staff is making an effort to improve their cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly at agonzalez@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.