“No wi-fi? Seriously?”

Ranked #45 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Austin, Texas
“No wi-fi? Seriously?”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Typical Courtyard,nice staff and the the new cafe style lobby, which I much prefer to the old breakfast buffet, but come on - no wi-fi? (there is in the lobby but in your room you have plug in a wire! I didn't remember how! too bad, iPaders)

Sorry, Marriott, but there is no excuse in the second decade of the 21st century for this.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Thank you for your review on February 21, 2012. We deeply regret the experience you had with not having wireless internet in your guest room. The hotel is scheduled to receive wireless internet in the guest rooms by the end of March.
Please know that we have taken action to ensure this problem is rectified for our customers to have a positive experience.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.
Annette Crispin, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I've this hotel off of my list when needing a hotel near the airport in Philadelphia.
Though it's generally a decent run of the mill Courtyard, it has 2 things going against it IMO.
There is no wireless Internet in the rooms and as I travel withan iPad, this creates a problem.
This Courtyard also has The Bistro renovation which I dislike as well.
As I talk to Courtyard employees across the brand, they all dislike this new lobby just as much as I and many other do, I really wonder why Marriott continues to push this.

Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your review on February 2, 2012. We deeply apologize for the experience you had in regards to not having wireless internet in your guest room. The hotel is scheduled to receive wireless internet in guest rooms the end of March.
Please know that we have taken action to ensure that all of our guest are satisfied.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.
Annette Crispin, General Manager
CA
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We always stay at this hotel at the airport when travelling to town. Recently my husband was there by himself on his 60th birthday. I called the hotel and asked them if they could wish him happy birthday when he checked in.

They surprised him with a bottle of wine upon check-in.

Room Tip: Let the hotel know what you need....they will help.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Camden, Delaware
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times. When we checked in after midnight the staff was friendly. I noticed the lobby looked different from what I remembered. I asked about breakfast which used to be a buffet. Now it's À la carte and a bit more expensive. There's not really a choice for food unless you have a car here.

The internet is pretty slow too. It's advertised as High Speed Internet, it's definitely not that [--]

On another positive note though, the hotel is close to the airport and I-95 but the noise level doesn't seem uncomfortable.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Washington DC
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Was there for stressful overnight business trip. Very clean room. Very quiet. Excellent lobby with cafe/bar. Staff were helpful and extremely courteous..

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
South Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The hotel was nice looking and in a good location but on a a busy weekend they had to shut the pool on Sunday. Maybe they could have fixed the pool at nightime instead of a busy time when there were a lot of kids that wanted to swim.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
New Haven, CT
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Let's start with Michael, the bellman who advised me that taking the SEPTA train during rush hour would get me to the Amtrak station more quickly than a cab and gave me exact instructions about how to get there. At the end of the day, I got on the train and was tapped on the shoulder by none other than Michael the bellman, who happened to be on my train and said he was glad that i made it. He even told me when it was time for me to get off the train and, once at the station, which way to go to get to Amtrak asap. If that's not four-star service, i don't know what is. Also, when i ordered room service, it arrived so quickly that i actually thought they had made a mistake and perhaps that was someone else's meal; no it was mine! I also had a great sleep -- very comfy bed and totally quiet, even though at the airport. Typical Marriott decor (i.e., nothing special.) Only downside was that my colleague found the meeting/catering staff difficult to deal with, partly because they were off-site. Great being attached to the airport -- you can walk across to terminal B.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business