“nice hotel convenitent to the airport”

Courtyard Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #46 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel, after flying to PHL airport and before taking our connection flight.
The hotel is a few minutes' drive from the airport, and has a shuttle which is very convenient – although you should be aware that if you decide to take a taxi you might have a problem – since most of the airport taxi drivers don’t like to take such a short drive…

There is nothing much around the hotel, and if you want something to eat, you will find it difficult to find any good choice. There is a "bistro" in the hotel, but I didn’t think the limited opening hours, variety of food and prices being far from desirable. I decided to walk to a restaurant Ruby Tuesdays and they had reasonable prices for food. For example a beer is 7.50 and at Ruby Tuesdays it cost about 4.50.

They have a small gym and the pool area is nice

I believe most people will choose to stay at this hotel because of its proximity to the airport – and this is the reason I stayed there

I would say that this is an average Marriott hotel – size of room, cleaning, services. The Front desk people were excetionally nice and even wrote me a personalized note thanking me for staying. I would definitely stay again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank stbunco
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband and I missed our connection to San Fran by minutes, after flying standby for the next flight to San Francisco - along with a number of other people - we decided to re-book seats on a flight the following afternoon. I booked a room at this Courtyard Marriott near the airport via Orbitz, hoping we would be comfortable and be able to enjoy ourselves a bit since we wouldn't be able to truly start our trip as planned.

Needless to say we were VERY pleased to have happened upon this hotel! My first interaction was to call from the airport and ask about early check in (just before noon). Jennifer answered the phone, and was immediately helpful. Yes, they had a room available and yes, they had a shuttle that could come pick us up - thank you, Jennifer!

Jennifer is also who greeted us upon arrival to check in, and she was truly welcoming and helpful. I must add that all of the staff we interacted with were also friendly and helpful. The only regret I had was that I had not packed our bathing suits - they have an indoor pool!

Room Tip: Their in hotel cafe was great! If you like fresh salads, I recommend the spinach, as well as the kal...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We will definitely commend Jennifer.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

This Courtyard location is great for anyone taking a flight out of Philadelphia International Airport. We stayed here one night prior to an early morning flight. We parked our car in their lot and had the shuttle bus take us to the airport and pick us up upon our return. It's about a 10 minute ride to the airport.
Our room was clean and quiet. We ate a casual dinner in the lobby restaurant. It was also very good. There is a moderate charge for leaving your car in their lot but it is less than other options. They also have security at this location. Staff members were outstanding!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thank you very much for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I stayed here one night because it was close to the airport. I was on business in the state and needed a place near the airport the night before my flight home. I use Marriott on a regular basis due to business. This one is extraordinarily busy/obviously popular. The lobby was packed during the evening hours.
My room was standard but in need of a really good cleaning; the carpet was worn, the heating unit had some sort of wires hanging out of the top of it. The toilet had trouble flushing and the sink would gurgle and black stuff backed up out of it all on its own. The Bistro has a Happy Hour so appetizers and drinks were a pretty normal price. The shuttle runs every half hour so that's a bonus. For all the people, the room was pretty quiet. I might try the Renaissance next time, but this is ok for one night if you don't have high expectations.
This is room #200, so make sure you don't get that one.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank NashuaNH
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you very much for your honest feedback. I am happy to announce that we have a rooms renovation scheduled for early 2014. Many of your observations will be handled at that time. We hope that your last experience will not keep you from trying us again in the future.

Thank you!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My husband and I came into Philadelphia from Pittsburgh to purchase a motorcycle. We chose this hotel as it was close to the airport. I was so thrilled that we selected the Courtyard. The rooms were extremely clean and our housekeeper had left us a little note telling us to enjoy our stay. That was a nice little touch. The front desk staff was just as friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is planning on staying in the PHL area. You will not be disappointed. Thank you again PHL A/P Courtyard, we totally enjoyed our stay with you!!

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor on the courtyard side. Enjoyable patio sitting you can walk to out of your s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you so much for your comments! Actually, my Assistant General Manager remembers you in great detail and still thinks you are the best wife for getting the motorcycle for him: "Wife of the Year" indeed. Hopefully, you will come back and see us soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel was very helpful to our family, we had an early flight the next morning. We were able to get a good night's sleep and then catch the shuttle to our terminal the next morning.

We watched football in the lounge area for a bit before retiring for the night, it was a relaxing place to be.
Our beds were comfortable and we had no idea we were at an airport hotel, it was wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for your comments! We are happy that you were able to relax here. Please do come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I WAS just staying overnight on a business trip. It served the purpose and was a nice place to stay. It was nothing too fancy but not dumpy either. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The shuttle to the airport was a nice bonus as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff!! We are so happy that you found so much more while staying for business!