“Okay, so it's not the Ritz”

Courtyard Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #46 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I knew when I booked this hotel that it should be nice enough for a couple of nights. It was convenient because my flight came in late on a Saturday from Las Vegas where I live. As Las Vegas is home to some of the most exciting hotels in the world, I lowered my standards when I booked the Court Yard. I knew it wouldn't be the Ritz, and it wasn't. But, I'll put the quality and competency of this Court Yard's staff up against any hotel, anywhere.

I had booked through an "on-line travel service" which shall remain un-named and they had royally screwed up my reservations. If they had had their way I would have had to check out the morning of the second day of my stay and then check back in. Chances are I would have had to re-pack and change rooms, and on top of all of that, they had the prices wrong (even given their “mark-up”) for both nights and also for the following Friday night when I was returning. I guess the old saying “to err is human, but it takes a computer to get things really screwed up” is correct.

Even though the hour was late, the young lady at the front desk rose to the occasion, began clacking away on her computer and within less time than it took me to locate the sundry shop had everything straightened out. With a pleasant smile she handed me my key card, directed me to my room and assured me I needed repack in the morning.

The room was fine, again not the Ritz, but clean, nicely appointed, everything worked and the bed was very comfortable. In the morning I enjoyed a very nice breakfast and was whisked away to the train stop for my connection at the 30th street station with the New York bound Amtrak. It couldn’t have been made more convenient.

Every member of the Court Yard staff was courteous, friendly, competent and seemed to genuinely want to make my stay as pleasant as possible. My congratulations to Steven Strunk, the General Manager of this facility, as staff performance is always a direct reflection on the skills and quality of its leadership. Should my travels take me to the Philadelphia area again, The Court Yard by Marriott at the airport will likely be my home-away-from-home.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael B
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you so very much for your kind words.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just stayed here over night because of a delayed flight. Very clean. Very comfortable bed. The continental breakfast was just what I needed to wake up. The receptionist at check, Jennifer, was awesome. She helped me out and could see I was exhausted from travel. Thumbs up to this hotel for last minute booking and the friendly greeting from the front desk at close to midnight.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Courtyard G M, Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel has a great location. EVERY single person was extremely kind and helpful! Our rooms were EXCELLENT with a super comfy bed! Just fabulous. They stored our luggage at the front desk so we could take the train downtown and then popped over to the airport to catch our flight. So very easy and if I am back that way I would not hesitate to stay there!

Room Tip: 10th floor in the back
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you. I love to hear that your stay was amazing.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Always a good staying here in Courtyard.
It's calm, clean and everything easy-to-do.
5' from airport ... if you must work or relax, it's the best choice....
The Bistro is good for dinner (great Cesar Salad!) and for breakfasst...try Morning Scrumble!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for the detailed review of the property. Greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I traveled to Philadelphia for the NHL Draft and this hotel was very close to the stadium complex and was very affordable for the time and the chain. While it was a little difficult to get into because of some road work, it was pretty straight-forward in directions once you figured it all out. The staff was very polite and courteous the entire stay and very helpful with questions that me and my friends had with find things near the area. It's close to the airport and close to a train line that goes into downtown.

1  Thank Scott W
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for completing a review of the hotel. I am sorry about the road work that occurred the night of your stay. The city was patching a 10 foot by 10 foot pot hole that had formed in the street. Fortunately, it is now fixed and the road is once again passable.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Everyone there was wonderful! Especially Jessica at the front desk who saved me with some TUMS when the Market was sold out of them. Hotel was beautiful, clean and very close to the Sports arenas. Easy on / off access to 95, very convenient!

1  Thank KrystaSch

Thank you for your comments and remembering Jessica. I will be sure to pass it on.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

A nice comfortable stay. Great pool and nice relaxing courtyard. No complimentary continental breakfast although coffee was available in the room. Nice lobby and friendly front desk agents. Very close to many stores and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer W
Courtyard G M, General Manager at Courtyard Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for completing a review on our hotel