“The staff at this wonderful little hotel was to friendly and accommodating!!”

Chestnut Hill Hotel
Ranked #24 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
San Diego
“The staff at this wonderful little hotel was to friendly and accommodating!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We arrived at the hotel during Philadelphia's "heat dome." It was 106 outside and this hotel did everything it could to make our stay comfortable. The night before, apparently, the AC had gone out on the top two floors and they had to move everyone! By the time we checked in, the AC was powering up. Although my little room was cozy and small, the air couldn't do the job. It was OK to sleep the first night, and as soon as I mentioned it to the manager, they were on the case ... The next three days were wonderful! The staff members treated us like old friends. When it poured one day, the housekeeper lent me her umbrella. And the grill attached to the hotel, but run separately, is a neighborhood place with really great food. I recommend any of the salads. Welcoming place to sit and have drink and watch the ball game. We will be back!

Room Tip: Just ask about the rooms. I'm sure they'll be happy to show you.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Like other reviewers, I have considered not sharing this gem, but it is too good not to share. Chestnut Hill itself is fun, good walking, nice shops, but the hotel is a great value. The rooms are a bit small but that is the only complaint, incredibly clean, great beds and bathrooms and there is a great free breakfast, fresh fruit, pastries, waffles, etc.., also a decent work out room. Also of note, every single person who worked at the hotel was incredibly nice and friendly and went out of their way to help us. Thank you! PS, I did take the tip from another reviewer and asked not to be in the annex so I cannot comment on those rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Lifeisgood9999
Philadelphia
Reviewed 2 July 2011

This hotel is in a great location! It's on the main street in Chestnut Hill. You can walk to many restaurants, coffee houses, and stores to go shopping. It's also close to the train and bus stop in Chestnut Hill. There is a lively bar and restaurant through a side lobby door. When you walk into this hotel, it feels like you're at home. The newly remodeled room has a European feel. It was clean and has modern, high-end amenities, even L'Occitane products in the bathroom. I got a great night sleep in the comfortable bed and the best part was I could have my dog, Alegria, with me.

The staff did everything for us. They let us check in early and out late. When we woke up late, they kept the breakfast out for us. Everyone should stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank letitel
Connecticut
Reviewed 30 June 2011

This is an affordable option if you're visiting Philly and don't want to deal with more expensive rooms in City Center, not to mention exorbitant parking fees. I stayed here while attending a conference at the convention center. It's a short walk to Chestnut Hill West station, and a 35-40 minute ride downtown. The only down side is you have to be aware of the train schedule, especially late at night.
As for the hotel, the staff was friendly and helpful. My room was spacious, but the bathroom was tiny and it was hard to get enough cold water in the shower (the opposite of what usually happens!). If you stay in Room 601, the Lodge Room, be warned that it has a skylight. Since I didn't check in until late at night, I didn't notice the skylight until light started streaming in on top of me shortly after 5 a.m. The hotel was willing to let me switch rooms. Instead, I asked for a sleep mask, which they provided for me and I survived my last two nights with the help of the sleep mask.
The free Continental breakfast was served in a nice dining room on real china, not on paper or plastic. The breakfast food was adequate, although fresh fruit would have been nice.
The neighborhood is a nice yuppy neighborhood with lots of shops, restaurants, etc. on Germantown Avenue. If you take a train back late at night, there's not much foot traffic, but I still felt safe walking back to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Durham, NC
Reviewed 30 June 2011

The Chestnut Hill area of Philadelphia is a charming community with wonderful people, great food, convenience and value. We truly enjoyed our stay at the Chestnut Hill hotel. The management team of the hotel were exceedingly accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We returned home yesterday & I miss Chestnut Hill so much already! The location of the hotel is perfect - right in among the fab boutiques of Germantown Avenue!
We were with a very large wedding party & we pretty much took over the hotel... It was perfect.
Nearly completed their referb, the Hotel is now very stylish but relaxing & cozy at the sametime!
The food, is fabulous... You must try the Brie & pear chutney board, spicy Asian shrip salad & the fried coconut ships! Magical... & a bottle of the Rex- Goliath (or 2!).
We have all had an amazing time!

• Stayed June 2011
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 27 June 2011

This is my second stay and I will be back in July as well. I almost hate to give this little secret away but I have to share what a great experiece this hotel is. I travel to Philadelphia on business once or twice a month and have grown tired of the inconsistancies of chain hotels. I give up the city location but this hotel is located in a hip and happining part of Philly. There is no parking charges, breakfast, beautiful renovated room, great shops and restuarants within walking distance. The staff is wonderful. They have managed to make my business travel feel like a mini vacation each time.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business