“Excellent Service”

Ranked #15 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 9 November 2009

We arrived to this charming Hotel after a long drive and were greeted by a warm and hospitable staff. Our room was spacious, clean and quiet and just what we were looking for--perfect for our romantic weekend getaway. The next morning we met Anthony, the General Manager who made every effort to make sure we had an enjoyable stay. His enthusiasm regarding excellent customer service is a valuable asset and helped shape our wonderful stay. We are looking forward to returning again soon!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
CHCGM, General Manager at Chestnut Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2009

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay and all over positive experience at the Chestnut Hill Hotel Philadelphia. I am pleased to hear our staff anticipated your needs upon your arrival and you found them to be friendly throughout your entire stay. I have to admit that our location and accommodations are spacious, comfortable and hard to beat. All of our guests rave about our beds and you are no exception.

We are delighted that your overall stay in Philadelphia was pleasurable and the Chestnut Hill Hotel and its employees only added to that . I have shared your comments with our staff and they appreciate your recognition.

Reviewed 29 October 2009

Staff at this hotel bend over backwards to help in any way they can. My umbrella was in my car and the desk attendant offered to go get me an umbrella.

This is my third stay at this location and it's super.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
CHCGM, General Manager at Chestnut Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2009

Reviewed 22 October 2009

In the charming village of Chestnut Hill there is a small hotel that makes you feel right at home. No snobby airs here, no door man to tip, just friendly helpful people who seem to care about your well-being. But no room service either, although there is a breakfast spread in the public room off the lobby every morning, with hot fresh coffee and make-your-own toast and even waffles. Right next door is a great resturant and up and down the avenue, well within walking distance, are great shops and pubs and resturants. I never get tired of staying there when I come to Philadelphia on business. I have occationally stayed over the weekend just so I could enjoy going into some of the shops that are closed at night by the time I get back from the office.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 September 2009

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Chestnut Hill Hotel. It was very clean and absolutely charming. It is close to shopping and restaurants. I completely enjoyed my time at the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 September 2009

I stayed at this location during a recent business trip - September 2nd & 3rd. You never know what to expect at a non-franchised location. However, the reviews were positive and I was not disappointed. From the minute I pulled up and checked in, I was happy with the hotel and location.

Small Hotel with charm and history dating back to 1800's. The location is well run with a friendly,helpful staff. My room (#208 I believe) was nice and clean. It offered a desk area and free Internet. I would compare this room to any business class hotel such as Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn express, etc. Continental breakfast was served each morning in the first floor dining/meeting room.

Location was nice. Upscale neighborhood with cobblestone streets, shops, restaurants, etc. Easy access to the three appointments that I had. Also, easy drive into Center City.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
CHCGM, General Manager at Chestnut Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2009

Reviewed 7 September 2009

We surprised our freshmen son by flying in to see him unannounced. This hotel is the closest to Chestnut Hill College, so we thought we would give it a try. Despite the other reviews on this website,we found it to be charming and accomodating. The night manager was very pleasant, our room was clean, ready and well equipped and we had a delightful dinner at the connected restaurant. Our only minor complaints were that we could not bill the dinner to our room (they are seperate businesses) and, as another reviewer suggested, the breakfast left a bit to be desired. We will definitely stay here again over the next four years of our son's college experience. Tip: Visit the farmers market that is open Th/Fr/Sat behind the hotel to sample some of the area foods.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 March 2009

When I arrived at the hotel (on time) my suite was not ready - but the thing is - it HAD to be ready because I needed to use the suite to prepare for my wedding. (I booked the room for my wedding day and night) The delay caused me to be late and my mother to be late for the wedding (she had booked another suite that was also not ready). I ended up getting dressed and putting makeup on while surrounded by cleaning ladies spraying bleach and changing the sheets. In addition, this hotel has a high turnover of managers. The manager who worked there in May of 2008 was new -- and that manager has since left (it is now 2009). I was promised a free room to compensate for my bridal experience, but that turned out to be a LIE as the new management never followed through on the promise.
I will never stay at this hotel again and I would not recommend it to anyone. They almost ruined one of the biggest days of my life.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank artteacherPhilly

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Chestnut Hill Hotel Philadelphia. I sorry to hear that the Chestnut Hill Hotel did not meet your expectations.

We are delighted to let you know that we have a new General Manager with years of experience and we have started an extnesive renovations program.

My number one goal is complete guest satisfaction with no exceptions. We ask that you give us a second chance with our new manager and see how things have changed already.