US$234
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$228
US$173
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$217
US$193
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$217/night.

US$127
US$171
US$149
Curio.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

US$159
US$150
  • Restaurant
All reviewscarriage housegermantown avenuefarmers marketfire pitparis bistrochestnut grillbombay roomnespresso machinecharming hotelcontinental breakfastthe main hotelmake your own waffleshard boiled eggsfresh fruitbeautiful roomcenter citydowntown philly
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I absolutely loved my stay here for my birthday. The room was over by the outdoor dining area with a modern/rustic Upscale vibe. Extremely clean and welcoming with a fireplace to set the mood. The service I received was five star - polite, courteous and thoughtful. I will definitely be returning for my bday again next year!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
John P, General Manager at Chestnut Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear Tasciae,

Happy belated birthday to you! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay including our outside fire pit and beer garden. I will share your kind comments with my staff. We look forward to seeing you again next year for your birthday, if not sooner.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My husband and I stayed while attending a reunion with friends. We stayed in a suite room and were really pleased with the comforts and little details that made the stay special, soft towels, impressive shower head, Nespresso, chocolates, comfortable/luxurious bedding. The hotel itself is quaint and reminded me of some European hotels, though this room was more spacious than most I've stayed in abroad. All in all a very romantic and peaceful place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear df1232017,

Thank you for your kind comments and for choosing to stay with us while attending your reunion with friends. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the little details, including the shower head and Nespresso coffee machine, and that your stay reminded you of some European hotels. Hopefully we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

My husband and I were traveling together for our business and stayed at this lovely boutique hotel. I've stayed at plenty of hotels that describe themselves as boutique but they really aren't. Chestnut Hill, however, IS a boutique hotel.

After some initial trips around the block, we found it and there is onsite parking, too.

In classic Pennsylvania style, the lobby area is small and choppy but that added to its charm. The reception staff were great. Our room was beautiful. The bathroom was beautiful. The lighting was perfect. It was quiet. The room was a bit hot but I'm not even complaining.

There is a "business center" which is essentially like a den area on the second floor. It has a computer and I think a printer (not positive since I didn't use it). It was lovely.

Breakfast is included in a room right off the lobby. The food was very basic (hard boiled eggs, bagels, fruit salad, waffles, juice, coffee. But sitting at a table with mismatched antique china salad plates and cloth napkins made the experience that much nicer.

The grounds outside from the parking lot to the lobby were also lovely. There are plants, flowers, sculptures and a fountain.

I would definitely stay at the Chestnut Hill Hotel again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Denise C,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while traveling on business. Our business guests often tell us they enjoy staying with us as they feel they can mix business with pleasure, due to our hotel location, style, amenities and convenience to dining and shopping. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Very cute & quaint with a lovely court yard! We stayed on the 3rd floor in a tiny-tiny room with one queen bed. Breakfast of hard boiled eggs and waffles was included but at $249.00 per night it was very over priced!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Maryann C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit. I am pleased you found our hotel cute and quaint and that you enjoyed our courtyard including outside fountains and seating. I am sorry to hear you felt it was over-priced. Due to the historic footprint of our building, individual room sizes vary, with queen accommodations offering the least amount of square footage. Should your travel plans permit a return trip, please request a larger room and we will do our best to accommodate you. In addition, our room rates vary seasonally and also depending on the day of the week. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Wife and I visited during the local street fair and for a college reunion and were delighted to experience a wonderful room (amazingly comfortable bed) and a delicious dinner at this establishment. Excellent appetizers/desserts and the Tomato Tarragon Chicken was sublime. Had a great stay and the Presto Bianco pizza and the Hazed & Confused beer for lunch at the adjoining Pizza/Brew-Pub added to a great experience. Would stay at Chestnut Hill Hotel whenever in the area. 5-out-of-5-stars for food & lodging.

Stayed: September 2017

Dear NotDonaldBlowtard,

I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and that your college reunion was a success. It sounds like you also had a chance to visit during our Fall Festival for the Arts, which is an annual festival Chestnut Hill hosts with many great vendors and shopping options. The Chestnut Grill and newly opened Chestnut Hill Brewing Company both offer a great food and drink selection and I am glad you had the opportunity to experience them. We appreciate your 5 out of 5 star rating and comments. Hopefully your travel plans will allow you for a return visit in the near future.