“Jewel in the Hill” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Chicago, Illinois
“Jewel in the Hill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2011

The reviews did not lie. The hotel is on a cobblestone street. The hotel was easy to find, parking was a breeze, and check in was simple. The staff was happy to help with my luggage and the desk clerk was very welcoming. The attached restaurant was inviting and the food, service and wine was excellent. If you are looking for business or pleasure, this hotel really gives the personal touch with high end, inviting rooms. I would head back again to this htoel again any day!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2010

WOW! What a fabulous, friendly, and charming hotel! If you are planning a trip to the Philadelphia area, you should plan a visit to the Chestnut Hill area, and make sure you stay at the Chestnut Hill Hotel to experieince committmend to customer service at its finest! I must admit that I am used to staying at larger hotel chains, so I was a bit hesitant to stay here for my business trip. However, I after reading the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor I figured I was in for a treat.

And what a treat it was! I had a wonderful time staying at the Chestnut Hill Hotel. Firstly, when I arrived at the hotel, the staff (owner and manager) greeted me and helped carry my bag to my room! How nice! Checking in was a breeze -- my room was ready to go when I arrived. The hotel decor itself was warm, cozy, and inviting. I believe the hotel recently underwent major renevations, so my room had (what seemed like to me) all new updated and modern bedroom furniture and bedding, as well as a very modern and trendy bathroom with an all-glass walk-in shower (with plenty of hot water too!) The bed was SUPER comfortable and there was plenty of desk space and a large flat panel TV.

The other perks of this charming place was the FREE wi-fi internet in the hotel rooms and FREE breakfast they offer in the mornings. The breakfast had a wide selction (bagels, waffel maker, ceral, boiled eggs, pastries, coffee, juice, and yougurt to name a few. There is also FREE parking for hotel guest which is another plus in my book.

The Chestnut Hill hotel has a great location in the Chestnut Hill area which has cobble stoned streets, plenty of sidewalks to stoll up and down, several "mom and pop" local restaurants and cafes, and local shops. If you need a recommendation for a place to eat be sure to ask the hotel manager for suggestions. He is a wealth of knowledge about the area, and he was truly one of the best examples of personalized and caring customer servive I have experienced in a long time! Be sure to check out the Chestnut Hill Farmers Market too, which is located directly behind the hotel (thus, a very short walking distance). The market has so many different types of food, fruits, vegetables, baked goods, and desserts from local restaurants, bakeries, and cafes. You won't go hungry!

Overall, I was very impressed wtih the attention to detail, personalized customer service, and the fabulous staff at the Chestnut Hill Hotel!!! I would absolutely stay here again when visiting the Philadelphia area, and you won't be disappointed if you choose to stay here. I am looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank docsurglace
CHCGM, General Manager at Chestnut Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2010
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review of the Chestnut Hill Hotel! Your kind words will be passed on to the staff and even more importantly, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back often!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2010

Great place to spend the weekend! Stayed in newly renovated room with very comfy beds and beautiful bathroom. Computer area and workout facilty extra bonuses! Cute historic town with strolling friendly streets and lots of small shops to browse.
Only downfall for me was no soda machine but manager hand delivered a soda to my door so everything was perfect!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

We look forward to welcoming you back often!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2010

Used to live in Chestnut Hill and I love it. The Chestnut Hill Hotel makes me feel like I am back there again. I have never stayed in the annex, but I love the historic feel of the rooms in the hotel. Awesome upgraded bathroom with the best lighting I have ever observed in hotels of any price. The eclectic patterns of china and silverware in the breakfast room, all of which are classy fit well with the ambience of the hotel are almost matched by the great breakfast offerings.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CHCGM, General Manager at Chestnut Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2010

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2010

I chose the Chestnut Hotel for my stay while visiting Arcadia University. They had a fabulous discount rate for Arcadia visitors for starters. I was totally impressed by the newly renovated room. The decor was so chic yet not overdone at the same time. Everything was absolutely perfect! Staff was very helpful with any requests I had. The area of Chesnut Hill is so great. Fun shops, delicious food...if you get a chance check out Tavern on the Hill (fantastic chicken philly "cheesesteak"). The hotel's own Chestnut Grill is delish as well! 15 minute drive to the King of Prussia Mall! About a $50 cab ride to the airport though, but they have a great relationship with a cab company (very nice driver). I had a fabulous stay and would recommend this place to anyone visiting the area!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank CJS2004

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

This is a jewel of hotel nestled in historic Chestnut Hill. The renovations made during the past year makes this a top notch place to stay. The new breakfast room, The Bombay Room, is charming. There are antique china dishes and cups on every table and real silver. The breakfast was first rate including everything from authentic bagels to waffles to eggs and the best coffee. The service is top notch - the owner is even on site looking after guests and givng the place a european feel in its hospitality. The new fitness room has the latest equiptment, is spotless, and convenient. Charm exudes from every floor with historic framed photos. This makes it a mini museum of the area.
The location right on Germantown Ave makes for terrifc shopping in charming non cookie cutter stores. This is our second stay and definately the best due to facility improvements and plus people skills. We are two very fussy service oriented people who have traveld the world and like and appreciate good service and fine hotels. We will return.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Mebane, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

This is my third stay in three years at the Chestnut Hill Hotel. Just a great place to keep coming back. As a frequent business traveler it is often a difficult decision to chose the local establishment rather than the large mega "frequent rewards" hotel. The staff has been nothing but helpful, and attentive. What a great surprise on this most recent trip to find newly renovated rooms, baths, and furniture. I will certainly keep coming back.
You just can't beat the value when needing a clean, easy to get to hotel in the Philadelphia area.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business