I stayed in this hotel because of work requirement. I found out the hard way that it is a little far from the downtown and touristy areas. There is a subway stop two streets away so that helps. But taking a cab can add up quickly.
The room is what I would expect of a Sheraton although the carpet in my room was a tad shabby, making me wonder when they last renovated. The bed was clean and comfortable; there were toiletries; the hangers were removable so I could hang my shirt on the shower-curtain rail.
Breakfast at The Pallet is not too bad. You get a choice from a one-page menu.
My gripes are:
1. the small bathroom. Sit on the toilet and your feet would be on the bath-towel for the bathtub.
2. The airconditioner is the box unit kind found in motels. Instead of getting rid of it, they upgraded it so that there are wall-mounted controls in addition to the controls on the unit. I turned off the unit when I was getting ready to sleep. Oh, and yes, the unit blows cold air on to your shoulder when you are at the desk.
3. For some reason, my window howled when there was a storm one evening. The only way to get rid of it was to open the window slightly--in which case traffic noise gets in.
4. Service was spotty. I did laundry and there was one day I had to go to reception to pick it up. Another time, I had to call for the laundry to be delivered. It is the first time that I have had to call for laundry delivery.
If you have to be in the area and you are not demanding of their service, the hotel is probably ok. Otherwise, you should be able to do better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A reimagined Philadelphia hotel on a historic campus. Located in the heart of the University of Pennsylvania campus, Sheraton Philadelphia University City is within walking distance of iconic attractions and entertainment. Our newly reimagined hotel offers warm, family-friendly hospitality and unique social spaces. We are immersed in the culture and history of Philadelphia - from museums that trace world civilizations to local eateries and elite universities. Unwind and explore the best of the city within moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Resort
- Philadelphia Sheraton