Just returned from a five night stay for a conference. My thoughts are that this is an older property that definitely needs updating. Although the hotel is clean, it is plagued by many common things that bother modern business travelers. First and foremost is that not only is there no free wifi, but the service provided by ATT is a joke. You can only buy on a daily basis, and on at least six or seven times I entered all of my information on the application page - full address, credit card details, etc - only to get a message that sorry, the server is down, please try later. Grr... On one occasion I paid for 24 hours, only to be locked out again the very next morning. Ridiculous, come on Sheraton, come up with a better solution.
Of the other small gripes, the air conditioner was one of those that come on and off continuously all night making it difficult to sleep. I finally had to just turn the fan on. The shower head was stuck in full 'massage' mode with intense water pressure from three jets; I couldn't adjust it. There were lamps in the room with no bulbs. There is also no mini bar in the room, nor a safe, not at least any I could find, but then again maybe I didn't look hard enough. The hotel restaraunt is also vastly overpriced for breakfast - ($15 for a belgian waffle?) but the waitstaff were so felicitious I almost didn't mind paying every day. Only other thing I didn't like was that the relaxing chair and footstool in the room were uncomfortable and hard to sit in. I had to relax in the bed.
After all that, I have to say that the bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. To my express amazement, I also found power ports near the bed, so that was a good thing. The hotel is also perfectly situated for access to all attractions in the city center. The Pennsylvania conference center is only about a ten minute walk and Rittenhouse Square is about the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A superb travel experience awaits at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. Ideally situated in Center City and located within walking distance of most of Philadelphia's top attractions, including the Franklin Institution and the Pennsylvania Convention Center, we're the perfect location for seeing all that the city has to offer. Recently redesigned, our hotel features upgrades to our indoor pool, meeting spaces and our state-of-the-art Sheraton fitness center. We also boast comfortable, spacious accommodations and several delicious on-site dining options. Whether it's for work or play - or perhaps a bit of both - we look forward to hosting your visit at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Philadelphia City Center Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel Philadelphia
- Sheraton City Center Hotel
- Philadelphia Sheraton