“Great staff!”

Ranked #55 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I just stayed at the Sheraton Philadelphia downtown. I would recommend this to anyone looking for excellent service and a good location. I have to say the staff was superb. Everyone seemed to know my name after the first day, and was very helpful. The security staff person even bought my Starbucks drink one morning. (I wish I had his name!) Also, concierge, Mary was very helpful with two reservations, and extremely great at following up and making sure I had a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Paul B, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Scarey816,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel and for taking the time to recognize our team. We are glad to hear you had such a pleasant stay! We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Safe travels

Jennifer Tang
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 2 March 2014

While staying at this hotel last weekend, we touched base with the Concierge Eric Hansen for a couple of Philly cheesesteak recommendations. We received an impressive organized/typed list of restaurants with descriptions....walkable distance and drivable distance. We asked Eric specifically about cheesesteaks and he was very knowledgeable about all the of the choices on the list. We walked to Steve's the first night and drove to Jim's on South Street the following day. Both recommendations were great. Since we had such good recommendations on cheesesteaks, we went back to Eric and asked about the Barnes Foundation. Eric was very knowledgeable on museums also. Thank you, Eric for making our trip so great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Paul B, Director of Front Office at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear J T,

Thank you for your great review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are glad Eric was able to help you find that perfect cheesesteak! We look forward to recognizing Eric and hopefully seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

In prep for the first day of the Philadelphia Flower Show we again took a room 5 blocks away at the downtown Sheraton. Zipped thru the always friendly front desk and up to our queen size bedroom . Bit surprised by the smaller size...but it was the parking building view (east side) that killed it (last minute reservation..didn't check details about the room). Calling the friendly front desk had us quickly reassigned to a king size room ($20 upgrade since none of the regular king rooms available). But, on the 26th floor facing west you combine a very nice view (romantic at night) and a spacious room. Enjoyed the clubroom with complimentary coffee (make that excellent latte/cappuccino/espresso/coffee machine), free water, soda, fruit, comp. breakfast, etc. made the $20 upgrade WELL worth it. We were sad the Sheraton no longer had the Seafood restaurant we'd enjoyed with friends prior, but within a very short walking distance are plenty of excellent locations (Friday's Cajun scrimp & chicken so bleep n good!) and liquor store :) We'll be back at the Sheraton next year for the flower show.

Room Tip: West side. Club level floor well worth the extra coin.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Craig R,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed the upgraded club room as well as our Sheraton Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jennifer Tang
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Very impressed with the lobby setup here. Plenty of room to stretch out and get some work done. Main lobby bar is also spacious and a perfect place to unwind, especially in the winter. One of the best options in Philly for any convention or reception in my opinion. As with most Philly Starwood properties, well done.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Harry D

Dear Harry D,

Thank you for your great review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are glad you had such a pleasant experience and hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Booked this for its location close to museums. Was the right choice. Excellent service from bell staff, check in, and Club Lounge attendants. Comfy bed, adequate reading lights! As the temperature outside was near freezing, it would have been nice if the swimming pool had been warmer, and there had been a hot tub, or jetted tub in the room.

Dear LordBowdon,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are always thrilled when an experienced traveler such as yourself leaves us such reassuring feedback. We hope to see you back in Philadelphia again soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I had a FABULOUS experience at this hotel! Several staff members I came into contact with were overly kind, friendly and helpful. I placed some baby bottles in the club fridge overnight with my name. I found a typed letter in my room stating that they were keeping them at the front desk, and to simply call and they will bring the bottles to me. They ended up sending me a fridge, which I was grateful for. Amazing. I also left a plastic baby spoon at the breakfast buffet- an employee wrapped it nicely in a cloth napkin and chased us around the hotel to return it! Several employees randomly said hello to us, with big smiles. I do NOT feel that the hotel is "old", and in need of a makeover. I thought our room had fresh paint, modern wall hangings and furniture. Bed was comfortable, room was very clean. I would definitely return and recommend this hotel!

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Jennifer S

Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you for your great review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are delighted your had such a great stay - we can always count on our team to make our guests more comfortable. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My son and I were in Philly for three nights to visit local colleges. The hotel was very nice, but most impressive was the service offered by Mary Mastrobuoni, the concierge who seemed to be at the desk at all hours. In our limited time, she came up with walking tours of the city that interested both me and my son, suggested museums and restaurants that we really enjoyed, informed us about the subway and which lines we should take when we ventured further afield, etc. She basically planned the free time in our days. Not only did we have a great time, we really felt like we got to know Philly. I've been in more expensive hotels where the concierges were not nearly as helpful. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: high floor facing Logan Square.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Shelley R,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! Mary is truly one of our superstars and we look forward to recognizing her for another job well done. We can't wait to connect with you again soon!