“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #51 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
midwest
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I am happy to say that Sheraton Downtown has met my expectations as 'home base' while I am working in Philly. The rooms are well laid out with a good amount of space to move around and to work. While there are no safes or refrigerators, I feel that the basic comforts are covered very well. Great mattress. Quiet. Everything works properly.

Top rating would be secured by having a recliner or a good chair/ottoman combination to relax in.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Paul B, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear TiVoFanWis, Thank you for your great review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are delighted your had such a great stay - we can always count on our team to make our guests more comfortable. We hope to see you again soon! Safe travels.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed here overnight while in Philly. We were there for a half marathon, not necessarily to see the sights. It was within walking distance to the Convention Center, Reading Terminal Market and the Franklin Institute. It was the best price we could find in the area for a Saturday night. Hotel was clean, with a nice bar & restaurant inside. Hotel is a little older. Rooms were a nice size. I would book again if we returned if we found the price to be competitive.

We learned last time we visited Philly that parking can be expensive. We found a parking lot across the street from the hotel. $5.00 to park from Saturday to Sunday. Philaparking.org. Way cheaper then the hotel and we didn't have to wait at the long valet line during check out. It is completely worth it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gina B
Dear Gina B, Thank you for your great review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are glad you had such a pleasant experience and hope to see you again in the near future. Safe travels.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Booked this hotel via Groupon, $129 for a queen room. Good location, specious for a price room. There was a bit of dust on hard-to-reach surface of the table (accidentally discovered when I tried to unplug the coffee maker). The Starbucks coffee in the room nicely made up for the dust discovery.

Overall it was quite OK for one night, especially considering the price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Victoria P, Thank you for your review of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team. We are dissapointed we missed the mark in some cleanliness issues and look forward to using your feedback to make any necessary improvements. Safe travels.

Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Pretty good hotel, it was four girls for a girls weekend and the hotel was sold out. I would reccomend this hotel I was glad our room was available. Great coffee in the morning and beds we super comfy definitely worth it. A little outdated carpets but everything else was great, thanks to avaria for checking us inz

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear pikalyuk, We are glad to hear that you had such a pleasant stay! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Safe travels.

Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was a stay for a weekend conference on a weekend with cold, windy rainy weather. I did not leave the hotel for 3 of the 5 days in part due to the weather but also because it truly was comfortable.
On arrival I asked for a room high up with a view based on what I had read on prior reviews. I got a room on the 24th floor with a lovely view of Logan Circle due to the very friendly young man who checked me in - John I believe. Staying high up was no problem elevator wise. In fact, I think lower floors have greater issues on those occasions traffic gets a bit heavier which was only an issue my last day, Sunday, and the day of a popular 1/2 marathon.
My room was cozy. No fridge but free water bottles :). Nice coffee maker. Bed was really comfy. Bathroom was standard, clean. Products were pleasant, nice fragrance and generously replenished. The housekeeper on my floor, Rose, was lovely. I had an issue with my heater fan blowing powerfully throughout the night which I couldn't adjust. She got it fixed by maintenance before lunch the next day. She thanked me for my gratuities and like many of the other staff, I found her to be genuinely friendly, even lovely.
The hotel bar/restaurant are among the best I've ever experienced. Drinks are very tasty. They make a cosmo with fresh lemon juice and muddled fresh blueberries with Chambord and I think it's a Ketel Citroen....just so good! Their crab cake is superb. As an app it's served with a sesame oil /ginger /cabbage slaw which I devoured with enthusiasm or it comes as a sandwich. I had an oriental chicken salad with cashews that I truly enjoyed. Our event sponsored meals/desserts/lunches prepared by the hotel were all really excellent for hotel fare! Roasted veggie wraps, chocolate dipped strawberries, fruit tarts, fresh bagels, teas/coffees/juices....all excellent.
If I have any real complaint at all it's a mixed one.... The pool is very nice, a balmy temp, very inviting. I always look for nice indoor pools and this one by itself was Divine!... EXCEPT.... the treadmills from the gym were ALL abutted against the windows looking out onto the length of the pool, ie, those using the treadmills view the length of the pool. I felt like a I was an aquarium animal on display. Like 6 people watching me as I do my thing and then egress from the pool in my full bathing suit splendor. It was just too weird. I was heartbroken because in all other ways that pool was so good...clean, empty, warm, easy access, perfect for laps/aerobics. Those treadmills need to be turned around for real!!!!!!
Oh and the room brochure needs to be reworked. It's big on safety which is fine but basic info is not easy to find like logistics about WiFi,.
We had conference rates so they were excellent.

Room Tip: High up. Even the "worse view" side was not bad up high as determined by the ballroom view...
1 Thank Anne D
Dear Ann D, Thank you for your great review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel! We are delighted your had such a great dining experience at our Lobby Bar - we can always count on our team to make our guests more comfortable. We hope to see you again in the near future! Safe travels.

Pikesville, Maryland
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights while my husband was on business. I had doubts about accompanying him because of the location but I was told there was plenty around. Wrong, there is plenty nearby if you take cabs or don't mind long walks. Closest restaurant was over three blocks away. The hotel is ok. The best thing is the staff is great. They all desire raises for going over and beyond. But its time for an update to the hotel. Chipped paint, dirty carpet, ripped curtains, etc.. Food is too pricey in the hotel. KIosk from Starbucks only open a limited amount of time.

1 Thank robird
Dear Robird, Thank you for your review of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff, they are certainly our greatest asset. We are dissapointed we missed the mark in a few othe areas and look forward to using your feedback to make any necessary improvements. Safe travels,

West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I just returned from a great weekend visit. The location of this hotel is terrific. Easy access to many local attractions. After going to the theater, we stopped at the bar in the lobby. Nicole's service was outstanding; prompt, professional and friendly. Peter's service was superior. The concierge service is also superior. Mary Mastroubuoni assisted us and she was extremely helpful.
Will be returning soon!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Parkway have a great view of the city.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple