“Best hotel in Philadephia. Great staff!”

Ranked #52 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Annandale, Virginia
“Best hotel in Philadephia. Great staff!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel is in the perfect location, right in the heart of downtown Philadelphia. The big advantage of staying here is that you have unlimited in and out parking. So you can walk all around downtown Philly, but can get in your car and drive out to go get a cheesesteak or whatever you wish. Besides being a great hotel, the staff is the best. The employee Avril was so helpful to me whenever I would need assistance. I have stayed at this hotel ten times and will return there again and again. Also, seeing the fireworks on the Fourth of July right from my hotel room was an amazing bonus!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Michael R
Paul B, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Michael R,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. We are glad that you had such a great stay! Avril is one of our brightest stars and we look forward to recognizing her for her efforts. We hope to see you back in Philadelphia again soon!

Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The room was spacious and the bed was so comfortable. It is close to the river for walking, art museum, shopping, and fairly close to the Italian market. The check in and out was very speedy. My only complaint was the carpets were slightly dirty!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear MicheleVaudt,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay overall and certainly look forward to addressing your feedback on the guest room cleanliness. We hope to connect with you again soon!

Philadelphia
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the weekend, it was okay, prime location, got a good price on Priceline. .., but yeah, nothing special.
Elevators always had a line, had to take the
stairs.
The pool was always warm, both the water and the area. Nice fitness center as well.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Cee_Wanderlust
Dear SophieTheExplorer,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. You certainly highlighted a few areas for us to look into and we look forward to making any necessary improvements. We hope we have another chance to welcome you back to our hotel.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Amazingly good price for downtown over a holiday. Hotel is well situated -- close to transportation, easy on easy off the highway and within walking distance of lots of attractions. Check in always seems to have a line, but the staff was efficient and the waits short. Nice lobby with a decent bar. Rooms are tired, but clean and more than acceptable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lynne S,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay overall. The hotel will begin renovations of our guest rooms and corridors in the next few months and are very excited to have a vibrant new product for all of our guests to enjoy. We hope to connect with you again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Sheriton is on North 17th St. It's a short walk to center city. Suburban Station, and a SEPTA train to the airport is a few blocks due south, but might be difficult with a lot of bags. The rooms were comfortable, and the lobby restaurant had a nice breakfast buffet and was reasonably priced. I am an SPG member, and had a speedy check in. The room was clean, although the property is a little tired overall.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Paul B, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Charles B,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay overall. Your feedback is appreciated, as it is a value tool for improvement.The hotel will begin renovations of our guest rooms and corridors in the next few months and are very excited to have a vibrant new product for all of our guests to enjoy. We hope to connect with you again soon.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I was In town for AFSP Overnight Out of Darkness Walk. When we arrived at 11:00, it was very busy with the NHL Hockey Draft event in town. My friends were able to get in their rooms right away, but unfortunately, my room was not ready until after 3:30. They did let me check my bags so I could go out and explore the City. When I returned at 3, because that is check in time, I just sat in lobby until they called me, not a huge deal. But could be annoying if on a schedule. The rooms was clean, standard with comfy beds and pillows. No refrigerator or microwave. Toiletries were average. There was an indoor pool, no hot tub and fitness room. One complaint was my friend slipped and fell in the shower because tub was slick. When I got my shower, I could see how it could be something you should be wary of. We spent a short while at the bar and it was enjoyable. Breakfast buffet is average and is $17.99

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Paul B, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear CSCfromPA,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. Please accept our most sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations. Many of the situations mentioned are certainly not to our high standards and we are currently addressing the concerns you have brought to our attention. If possible I would like an opportunity to discuss your experience further with you - I invite you to please connect with me at jennifer.tang@sheratonphiladelphiadowntown.com or call me directly at 215.448.2726.

McGuire AFB, NJ
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel is in the middle of Downtown Philly! A walk away from everywhere if you want to pay for parking once. Rooms were very clean and homey! The only thing that hindered this review from getting 5 stars is the check in times. Be aware!! IF YOU ARE NOT A SPG MEMBER YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR A WHILE TO GET A ROOM. We were told our check in time was at 3pm, we booked through priceline. We were not given a courtesy call to inform us of the late checkout for SPG members which is 4p. We arrived at 6pm and had to wait an hour to get checked into a room. I had to change plans on my bday weekend just to accomodate this. I was very angry and if I could have gotten my money back from priceline I would have cancelled and went and stayed at another hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JamaicanChic,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please accept our most sincere apologies for your inconveniences during your check in experience. You certainly didn't experience a stay that is to our normal standards. We look forward to using your feedback to make necessary improvements. We hope we have another chance to connect with you in the near future.