After reading the reviews of the Sheraton Philadelphia City Center here on Trip Advisor, I have to admit feeling a bit of trepidation about staying here. But Sheraton had a nice promotion going and the rooms were unbelievably cheap ($99/night) for the center of Philadelphia on Memorial Day weekend. I usually stay at another Starwood property down the street (the Westin) when I visit Philadelphia, and I have to say that some of the Westin mojo has rubbed off on this Sheraton in terms of the room furnishings, the dark wood paneling in the rooms and hallways, and the very nice bathroom extras (thermal shaving cream!). Here I have to admit that I'm in the Starwood Preferred Guest Program, and I seem to have lucked into a fantastic room at the hotel. The room was up on the 25th floor and had sweeping views out onto the Benjamin Franklin Parkway and the Philly Museum of Art. (There was a plaque on the elevators that said "Starwood Preferred Guest Floor" so I think the other floors might not be as nice) If you're visiting the museum district of Philadelphia, this hotel is perfectly situated -- you literally walk out onto Logan Circle and can easily walk up to the Philadelphia Museum of Art and Fairmount Park. It's about a 5-minute cab ride to the 30th Street Amtrak train station. The only negatives of the hotel, I have to admit, is that some of the renovation work of the hotel seems to have a ways to go. For example, the fitness center and pool area still needed an upgrade. And, the massive size of the hotel (it's really a hotel for hosting convention guests, it seems like) makes it conducive to groups of travelers and large families, less so for a romantic getaway. During the Memorial Day weekend, the lobby was buzzing and active. That being said, the concierge and check-in staff were very friendly, courteous and professional. And, when we needed extra towels and hair dryer, were very quick to bring replacements. Big kudos to Starwood for revitalizing the Sheraton brand! Especially if you're an SPG program member, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how nice the rooms are!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A superb travel experience awaits at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. Ideally situated in Center City and located within walking distance of most of Philadelphia's top attractions, including the Franklin Institution and the Pennsylvania Convention Center, we're the perfect location for seeing all that the city has to offer. Recently redesigned, our hotel features upgrades to our indoor pool, meeting spaces and our state-of-the-art Sheraton fitness center. We also boast comfortable, spacious accommodations and several delicious on-site dining options. Whether it's for work or play - or perhaps a bit of both - we look forward to hosting your visit at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Splitty, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Philadelphia City Center Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel Philadelphia
- Sheraton City Center Hotel
- Philadelphia Sheraton