“Something for everyone to eat and lots more” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 433 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Featuring over 80 concessions, this historic market has something for even the most eclectic of tastebuds.
Denver, Colorado
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Something for everyone to eat and lots more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Wow - my daughter and I were staying at the Marriott and just wanted a quick bite to eat. She is very particular about what she will eat - must be vegetarian, must be all natural, etc.. We found lots of options for her and I was able to get great coffee and find lots of things I like as well. My daughter was delighted to see Amish people working there (she had read about them but never seen any before). We also were able to find a few local items to give as gifts when we returned home. This is a definite must see. Unfortunately, it closes early, so we weren't able to eat dinner there or visit again before we left. Location is right out the back door of the Marriott which was really convenient.

Visited October 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Antonio
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“You will never see the same thing twice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I attended a conference across the street from the market (at the Marriott) and went to the Market every single day for lunch and to wander about. The produce markets were stunning, the food options were amazingly diverse (although not a vegetarian I do try to stick to vegetarian food when traveling and there were a TON of places to go), and the vibe is just fun and funky. If I lived there, I'd go all the time.

I bought some cookbooks featuring the Market from the cookbook vender and I really wanted to get some of the linens from the stall across from the cookbook vender but didn't have room in my suitcase.

I hope the citizens of Philly realize what a gem they have. Some of us aren't lucky to have a place like that in our home cities!

Nashville
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Can't Miss This”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

The First place I want to go to in Philly. The atmosphere, the food, the heritage, the food, the diverse people/cultures, and did I say the food? It is great! Take your time, don't wait till you are starving, you won't be able to make it through without seeing all the choices. I love it and would go back there tomorrow.

Oak Ridge, New Jersey
420 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 709 helpful votes
“Ashamed to like it so much!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I come from Boston, and I'm ashamed to admit that the Quincy Market pales in comparison. This is a great place to just wander around or to do some serious food shopping. It is also a great place to eat. Rather than go to more expensive places, I could easily eat here for an entire weekend - maybe a week!

Chicago
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fantastic Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was in Philly for the weekend and decided to stop in with some friends. This place is truly the "real deal"! Dozens of food places, fresh fish, produce, and even a bar with an incredible selection of beers. Sunday's the Amish run businesses are closed, but that is only about 10% of the businesses.
The main thing in Reading Terminal Market is the QUALITY of the businesses within. Very impressive. Smells, sights, sounds.....give it a try when you are in Philly.

1 Thank DWWChicago