“more than worth visiting!”

Reading Terminal Market
Ranked #5 of 470 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Featuring over 80 concessions, this historic market has something for even the most eclectic of tastebuds.
Reviewed 23 November 2013

what a sympathetic and animated place to have a good and quick lunch, especially if you attend conferences at the conference and exhibition center next-door.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,790)
All reviews
in 49 reviews
"food stalls"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Wow - my daughter and I were staying at the Marriott and just wanted a quick bite to eat. She is very particular about what she will eat - must be vegetarian, must be all natural, etc.. We found lots of options for her and I was able to get great coffee and find lots of things I like as well. My daughter was delighted to see Amish people working there (she had read about them but never seen any before). We also were able to find a few local items to give as gifts when we returned home. This is a definite must see. Unfortunately, it closes early, so we weren't able to eat dinner there or visit again before we left. Location is right out the back door of the Marriott which was really convenient.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I attended a conference across the street from the market (at the Marriott) and went to the Market every single day for lunch and to wander about. The produce markets were stunning, the food options were amazingly diverse (although not a vegetarian I do try to stick to vegetarian food when traveling and there were a TON of places to go), and the vibe is just fun and funky. If I lived there, I'd go all the time.

I bought some cookbooks featuring the Market from the cookbook vender and I really wanted to get some of the linens from the stall across from the cookbook vender but didn't have room in my suitcase.

I hope the citizens of Philly realize what a gem they have. Some of us aren't lucky to have a place like that in our home cities!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The First place I want to go to in Philly. The atmosphere, the food, the heritage, the food, the diverse people/cultures, and did I say the food? It is great! Take your time, don't wait till you are starving, you won't be able to make it through without seeing all the choices. I love it and would go back there tomorrow.