“Zahav Philadelphia”
Review of Zahav

Zahav
Reserve with OpenTable
Zahav is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 4,388 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Cross street: Dock Street at Walnut (Between 2nd & 3rd)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Zahav Philadelphia”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I went to Zahav for the first time with a group of 5 people. I would say that it is a great restaurant. The standout dishes included the Turkish Hummus and bread which was absolutely incredible. The lamb and cauliflower were the other two standout dishes. I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5 due to finding a fish bone in the sable, the waiter taking our utensils after the appetizer and not replacing them prior to the main course, and that even for tapas to get 2 pieces of food for each entree was a little disappointing (To share among 5 people). Our water was constantly refilled by the staff who did a good job overall.

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Philadelphia
“It Depends on Your Preferences”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This isn't close to 5 stars for me and I considered giving it 3 stars, but I realize that it probably has more to do with my personal preferences than the quality of the experience. If I don't particularly like wheat beer than no matter how good the wheat beer is it will never reach 5 stars for me.

Keeping that in mind, some of the dishes were excellent - the fried cauliflower as many others have noted is not to be missed. The service was outstanding and many of the other dishes were very good, just not particularity my "cup of tea". The prices were about what I would have expected for Philly. The atmosphere was lively, but you could easily have a conversation at your table. Some tables were incredibly close to one another - a trend I've noticed at other places that I hope doesn't continue.

It was a good experience, but I probably won't return because there are too many other options in Philadelphia that I would prefer to try.

SICKLERVILLE
“OUTSTANDING !!!!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Since the moment you get in, you're greeted like they are waiting for you, and you feel comfortable right a way...Than the "festivities" start with explaining what you may expect, and the "show" starts, with the explanation of the food, the way it is made, and it continues with the "little plates" ha one is better than the other.
One of the best meals we had a long time.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Reviewers had it right...wonderful experience”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We travel often and are typically sit at the bar. We made reservation, but thankfully sat at the bar. The woman next to me was a regular and told us what to order, along with the friendly bartender. We had homemade pita with five or six sample spreads and a warm hummus with pine nuts that was delicious. The sable black cod was also ver good. Highly recommend.

Visited July 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best restaurant in Philly?”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've eaten here 4 times over several years. I am consistently impressed with the service and the food. The atmosphere is great too. For those who moan about the price vs. the quantity of food, I must disagree. There is an appetizer which, for $34, is enough food to satisfy two people FOR DINNER! We went last week as a party of 4 and all agreed that we could have stopped eating after that ONE appetizer. It is called salatim & hummus with laffa. It's great.
Everything else is great too. Get adventurous, and try something you normally wouldn't. I absolutely loved the raw lamb dish (Kibbe naya) and the sweetbread schnitzel.
Our party of 4 ordered the price fix called Tayim at $42 per person. It was too much food, but delicious!