“Amazing!”
Review of Zahav

Zahav
Reserve with OpenTable
Zahav is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 4,390 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Center East
Cross street: Dock Street at Walnut (Between 2nd & 3rd)
Galveston, Texas
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

If you think Middle Eastern food is just hummus and falafel, you owe it to yourself to try the tasting menu at Zahav. It starts with about half a dozen small plates of salads, and then brings out an assortment of foods you have chosen from the menu. Our waiter was very helpful in a friendly, non-condescending way, letting us know which items were favorites and which were more for the adventurous palate (like duck hearts, which were actually quite good). There was so much food on the tasting menu that we asked to box up the desserts for later, which they did.
The restaurant is pretty, and set on a little hill in walking distance of the Ritz theater--perfect for a date!

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Zahav Philadelphia”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I went to Zahav for the first time with a group of 5 people. I would say that it is a great restaurant. The standout dishes included the Turkish Hummus and bread which was absolutely incredible. The lamb and cauliflower were the other two standout dishes. I'm giving 4 stars instead of 5 due to finding a fish bone in the sable, the waiter taking our utensils after the appetizer and not replacing them prior to the main course, and that even for tapas to get 2 pieces of food for each entree was a little disappointing (To share among 5 people). Our water was constantly refilled by the staff who did a good job overall.

Visited July 2014
Philadelphia
“It Depends on Your Preferences”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This isn't close to 5 stars for me and I considered giving it 3 stars, but I realize that it probably has more to do with my personal preferences than the quality of the experience. If I don't particularly like wheat beer than no matter how good the wheat beer is it will never reach 5 stars for me.

Keeping that in mind, some of the dishes were excellent - the fried cauliflower as many others have noted is not to be missed. The service was outstanding and many of the other dishes were very good, just not particularity my "cup of tea". The prices were about what I would have expected for Philly. The atmosphere was lively, but you could easily have a conversation at your table. Some tables were incredibly close to one another - a trend I've noticed at other places that I hope doesn't continue.

It was a good experience, but I probably won't return because there are too many other options in Philadelphia that I would prefer to try.

• Visited July 2014
SICKLERVILLE
“OUTSTANDING !!!!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Since the moment you get in, you're greeted like they are waiting for you, and you feel comfortable right a way...Than the "festivities" start with explaining what you may expect, and the "show" starts, with the explanation of the food, the way it is made, and it continues with the "little plates" ha one is better than the other.
One of the best meals we had a long time.

• Visited July 2014
Tallahassee, Florida
“Reviewers had it right...wonderful experience”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We travel often and are typically sit at the bar. We made reservation, but thankfully sat at the bar. The woman next to me was a regular and told us what to order, along with the friendly bartender. We had homemade pita with five or six sample spreads and a warm hummus with pine nuts that was delicious. The sable black cod was also ver good. Highly recommend.

Visited July 2014