Independence Visitor Center
Ranked #37 of 466 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Independence Visitor Center is the gateway to America's Most Historic Square Mile. Located in the heart of Independence National Historical Park, the official Visitor Center of the region is the exclusive location to pick up free-timed tickets to tour Independence Hall. The Independence Visitor Center also provides visitor services and amenities, including a multilingual staff fluent in nine languages, on-site ticketing to more than 60 area attractions and tours, free regional maps and brochures, comprehensive daily event listings, and free informative historical films and wireless internet access. The Visitor Center is also the primary point of orientation for the City of Philadelphia, the Southern New Jersey and Delaware River Waterfronts, as well as Bucks, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery Counties in Pennsylvania.
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This place left much to be desired. I walked through wondering, what is the point of coming to this place? Other than to view the historical films that they show here, I can't imagine why you would want or need to go here.

Albert L, Manager at Independence Visitor Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Good afternoon Sandi,

I trust this finds you well.

My name is Albert and I handle communications for the Independence Visitor Center. Thank you for coming to visit us in Philadelphia and for taking time to write a review. I wanted to tell you that since 2001, we have welcomed over 20 million visitors to our humble city and offered guidance, tour tickets and hotel rooms. We serve as the official visitor center for the city of Philadelphia and are honored to help the visitors who don't come with a plan or want to see more than just the Historic District. It is our job, our duty and our mission to give our visitors a lasting impression of Philadelphia and do it with world class service. I hope you'll visit us again so we can show what I mean.

Thank you.

Albert L

Write a ReviewReviews (2,098)
All reviews
"old city"
"american history"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Great place to start your trip. Trolly/buss takes you to 20+ stops. But beware- parking cost $17 per day!!!!!its less money if you stay a shorter amount of time. But parking is extremely costly here!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is the place you must go to for your start. They have info for all the sites and you can also get tickets for the tours. There are also a couple of theaters for continuous shows (free). and some in era people to answer questions. A must for the start of your tours. Also get there early it's where you get the tickets for the Independence Hall tour.
If you find this helpful please mark it so. Berny

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Guides were very helpful. All exhibits were clean and well maintained. So informative, even though I thought I knew our history pretty well, I was amazed at the additional information I was able to pick up. Gave me chills to be in the very rooms our founding Fathers used while working out the details that formed our Nation.