All reviews ginger snaps illy coffee frosted glass free morning coffee street station coffee machine in the room valet parking rooms are modern visiting penn duvet cover attached restaurant absolutely stay here again uber ride boutique hotel living room nice hotel front desk staff
Reviewed 15 February 2019

Hotel has perfect location, walking distance to railway station, quick access to airport, etc, but staff was not really great.

I had to remind them 3 time for a coffee machine in the room (you could do this); also while I had dinner in their restaurant - I felt like they are trying to make me leave the restaurant as soon as possible, so they could accommodate other guests - they came to me a few times - asking if I am ready with my dinner, also before I even had the chance to order a dessert - they brought me the bill on the table, which was another reminder they are in a hurry for the next shift on the table. That was rude!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
StudyUCTeam, Front Office Manager at The Study at University City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear mimkaBurgas,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you took advantage of our hotel's location and were able to get around the area with ease! I'm sorry to hear that our staff dropped the ball during your stay. Next time you stay with us, give us a call and we would love to have a coffee maker pre-placed in the room to avoid the trouble you went through. I'm especially sorry that your experience in the restaurant was not pleasant. We would love to welcome you back next time you're in the area and give you a better experience that is truly up to our standards.

Reviewed 13 February 2019

Our son had surgery nearby and thankfully they had space the day of the surgery, we ended up staying there for 5 days. Frontdoor man, thank you for getting that wheelchair and assisting us all the way up to the room. Modern, clean, fantastic linen on the bed ( especially the duvet cover). Housekeeping was great (except for their supervisor who refused to admit he missed our room despite me calling several times), but the housekeepers were all outstanding. Front desk very efficient and accommodating. Fantastic to have the Co'op restaurant attached, great food, though a little pricey, but during the polar vortex it was well worth having them attached! Highly recommend.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear banga876,

Thank you for your great review! I'm glad to hear that we were able to be of assistance during your time at the hospital. We try our best to be as accommodating as possible. I am also glad to hear that you had positive experiences with our housekeeping team and restaurant team! We would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Philadelphia.

Reviewed 8 February 2019

The hotel is well-located a short walk from the 30th Street Station and also close to the 34th Street Metro stop. As we arrived by train and were traveling on from Philadelphia by train the location was ideal.

Our room was on the 10th floor with views towards downtown Philadelphia. The room was large enough for the two of us and was quiet and comfortable. The bathroom was modern as you'd expect from a reasonably new hotel.

The only downside was breakfast. We had breakfast the first morning in the Co-Op restaurant but they seemed badly understaffed with two people serving at the time we were there. As a result some of our order was not received but we did get it removed from the bill. The second night we decided to go with the room service breakfast which was much better.

Overall, this is a comfortable hotel in a great location and we would definitely stay here again if ever in Philadelphia.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
StudyUCTeam, Front Office Manager at The Study at University City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2019

Dear Tygaman,

Thank you so much for this fantastic review! I am so thrilled that you enjoyed our wonderful location and comfortable rooms. We do apologize about the service experience from CO-OP, however, am pleased to know that your room service went much smoother. We hope if you are ever back in Philadelphia, to come visit us again soon!

John C. - Assistant Director of Front Office

Reviewed 31 January 2019

I booked a room at the last minute because I had an early morning appointment at Penn Medical Center and they were predicting snow. I have a 60 mile drive to Philadelphia and did not want the pressure of driving in the snow. They offered a special rate for medical appointments, which was very nice. I needed a refrigerator for medicine which they also provided.

The hotel rooms are very modern and laid out efficiently. There is a nice desk with lots of outlets for computers and to charge devices. The rooms are bright, sunny and well appointed. Bathrooms have a large walk in shower with glass enclosures - again spotless!! The entire hotel smelled new and was spotless. I could not believe it when they said the hotel was 2 years old.

We checked out the fitness center which had amazing equipment and again - it was spotless and smelled new - like fresh, clean paint. I really do not know how they do it. Usually hotel fitness centers smell a bit like old sweat.

Free Illy coffee and tea are offered in the lobby on the morning. They also have a jar of ginger snap cookies at the check-in desk to which you can help yourself. The staff was pleasant and helpful. They have a restaurant which looks very nice. I did not eat there but the menu looked very good. The only negative was the $42 valet parking, but that is the standard hotel parking rate.

I had not heard of this hotel. It was recommended by a staff member at Penn Medical Center. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank luvroma2
BernieKoz, Front Desk Supervisor at The Study at University City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2019

Dear luvroma2,

I'm thrilled to hear you had such an amazing experience during your stay with us! We try our best to accommodate to each and every guests needs and I'm glad we were able to meet yours. Our housekeeping team works hard to keep our property looking spotless, thank you for noticing!
Although our valet parking fee sounds a bit high, it does offer in and out privileges which can turn out to be a great deal when using your car frequently. We are also more than happy to recommend other parking options if valeting is not fit for you!
We would love to welcome you back on your next stay in the area!

Bernie K. - Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed 16 January 2019

The hotel is very well located particularly for those having meetings or work at the Universities. The rooms were very good, spacious and the working table and chair were thoughtfully equipped with charging points, lighting and neatly placed in the room for work efficiency.
The staff at the front desk were responsive and able to resolve communication gaps that arose while requesting "house keeping". The hotel will do well to better train staff to understand requests and not present a surprise bill for a couple of tea bags as part of the tea and coffee making facility in the room.

Room tip: Choose a spacious room with a well placed study table if you need to work.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
BernieKoz, Front Desk Supervisor at The Study at University City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2019

Dear traveler-india-2691,

Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all the room had to offer! I'm so sorry you encountered a miscommunication upon receiving a tea/ coffee maker. Next time you're in Philadelphia we would love to welcome you back for an even better experience!