My wife and I spent the night here when we were doing some sightseeing on a stopover on the way down to DC. What a great find! Very friendly staff, great rooms (very large for what one expects in a city-center hotel in a large metropolitan area like this, and it included a seating area and fridge), good location. They even offer wine and cheese in the evenings. The staff were very kind. We came back after a late dinner and I was craving a glass of milk for some cookies we'd bought, and the fellow at the desk very kindly went to the kitchen and got some. (He could quite reasonably have said, 'Sorry, kitchen's closed!') They also do a free continental breakfast delivered to the room.
Parking isn't free, but it's near the hotel and they do validate, so it ended up being quite reasonable.
We will definitely stay here should we find ourselves in Philadelphia again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia