The Independent Hotel
Alexander Inn(Philadelphia)
The Bellevue Hotel(Philadelphia)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewsbreakfast deliveredqueen lofthardwood floorscontinental breakfastlocust streetyogurtexposed brickgreen eggsgreat boutiqueeach morningstreet noisewithin walking distanceshower stallsmall hotellarge bathroomkimmel centercenter city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Cool, hip hotel with beautiful rooms! My husband and I stayed for two nights over the 4th of July weekend. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Light breakfast delivered to your rooms is a nice touch. The rooms were very nice-large floor to ceiling windows were awesome! Overall, the room was clean but the tall chest of drawers had a thick, very noticeable coating of dust on it.
The location was very convenient for sightseeing. Although, Saturday night of our stay was a rough one. Late, late night (around 2-3 am) there were people screaming and talking in the street below. I knew there would be some street noise but this even woke up my usually unmoveable hubby. I would like to stay here again and request a room on an upper floor. We were on the second floor, corner room.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank bethmc79
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I spent 3 nights at this lovely, small hotel and loved every minute of it! Clean, spacious, artfully decorated rooms. Very quiet even though on a lively city street. Free breakfast & newspaper, complimentary wine and cheese bar on weekdays, wireless and business center and free pass to local gym. I was very pleased with all aspects of my stay! Fun neighborhood--great restaurants and bars.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We had a family of 5 and stayed in the queen loft suite. Plenty of beds with queen in loft and murphy bed and sofa bed in living room. Liked the decorating and amenities. The wine and cheese was lovely after seeing the sites. The friendly front desk man really made a mark on us. Breakfast items are prepackaged but still nice to have it at all. We're so glad we stayed in a neighborhood rather than in the mega hotels near Market St. Had tapas dinner at Valanni. Good food. Would love to come back to see more sites. Would stay at the Independent again. Our best price was linking from TA site.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Albrechtch
Reviewed 27 June 2011

My wife and I recently had a weekend getaway from the kids here. The hotel was a B+ but with a little effort can be an A.

When we arrived, the girl at the front desk was not very welcoming. It felt like we were an afterthought. Big miss.

The room was great but the shower stall was kind of dirty. Not what we expected.

On the plus side, the location is great. Close to everything.

We would stay again.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with our 2 young children. The hotel was immaculately clean and the rooms were beautiful! We arrived at night and the neighborhood seemed like a safe area. We parked our car in the hotel's designated parking lot, which is across the street. We had no problems with the parking lot and felt that our car was very safe. We even felt safe enough to leave several suitcases in our car overnight. Breakfast was brought to our room in the morning, which our kids loved! Breakfast was fruit, yogurt, muffins, juice, cereal, and so on. I had read other reviews that said noise from the nightclub on the first floor could be very loud, especially if you were on the 2nd floor. We stayed on a Thursday night and had a corner room on the 2nd floor...and we heard no noise. It was very quite and peaceful. No noise from the club and no noise from the street. The location was great. Very close to all the historical attractions in downtown Philadelphia. We would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family