I really enjoyed my stay at The Independent for three nights. It was exactly how I exspected it to be. Very friendly and helpful staff. You really notice that you are not in a hotel-bunker with 500 rooms but in a 24 room hotel with a much more private athmosphere.
They offer a breakfast that is delivered to your room at the time you want it. The variaty could be bigger but still I enjoyed having my coffee and cereals in bed before having my shower. :-)
The location itself is a trade-off. It is right down-town next to many theatres and bars/restaurants but also in the middle of the "Gayborhoud". If that doesn't bother you it is an excellent location. The rooms were very quiet, too.
Overall: I'd stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Independent Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia