I cannot express how great of a stay I had at the Independent Hotel in Philadelphia. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The location was wonderful, with easy access to public transit and to any major highway. It's in the heart of downtown, so the sky is the limit on food, shopping, and entertainment. You're a 15 minute walk to the visitor's center and Independence Hall.
The actual room in the hotel was the nicest I've ever stayed in. It's very welcoming, much like a mini apartment. At night you could hear some street noise, but again you're in the heart of downtown, and it wasn't so loud that you couldn't ignore it. One of the nice features was the room temperature...the air conditioning actually worked and stayed where it should!
The bathroom was large and spotless; and the shower was just like my shower at home. Breakfast is delivered to your door every morning and I found it to be quite good. There is a Keurig coffee pot in every room. The only downside was the wireless internet...I couldn't always connect. Other than that, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Philly. I was there for business, and it worked out perfectly. Parking was extremely close and much more affordable than other hotels in the city.
I give this hotel a 5 star rating and will definitely be staying there on my return to Philly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia