The Independent is in a great central location to the historic sites as well as the convention center and Reading Terminal. We had the double deluxe queen room and since we have two teenagers requested a cot. Even with the cot we still had room to walk and relax. The bathroom was large enough for two people to get ready at once. The vanity top had enough space for all our toiletries. There was a fridge, microwave and Kerig coffee machine. All came in handy for leftovers. Others have reviewed that they did not care for the continental breakfast getting delivered to the room or for the choices. Our family enjoyed it mainly since we could continue to get ready while eating or while others were in the shower. We are also light eaters so for use the choices were good.
Dan was working when we checked in and was very knowledgable on local restaurants, parking and other things to do in the area. Dan was very accommodating in ensuring that we had plenty of towels as well helped with the delivery of the cot. We took him up on a few of his resturant choices and we was spot on with all of them.
Erik was very helpful when i called to reserve the room and helped to pick the correct size room for traveling as a family with two teenagers (1 boy and 1 girl). He was also working the morning we checked out and was quite helpful as well.
The only complaint would be that there was not enough lighting in the room. Weal agreed that the lights could have been brighter for reading.
We would return to this hotel for sure
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia