From this point on I will always know exactly where to stay in Philadelphia. The Independent is perfectly located for attending concerts and other events in all the major venues in town. It is also an easy and pleasant walk to the city's rich historic sites. Best of all the staff is beyond gracious. They made my stay incredibly easy and pleasant. My third floor room was as pretty as it was immaculate.
I loved the breakfast basket. As just one example, can you imagine: a croissant that was actually GOOD in a complementary hotel breakfast?
Every element at this charming hotel is exceptionally well thought out. The result is perfect ease and comfort for the fortunate traveller.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia