We stayed early January and the hotel was not real busy at that time. Upon arrival our queen room was upgraded to a king at no extra charge. We went to the wine and cheese tasting and were the only ones there at that time. We tasted several wines and cheeses and then went to noni's for dinner which was excellent. They have the best Italian sausages and meats. Unfortunately we were called back home in the morning with a family emergency and were not able to spend a second night. The hotel refunded our prepaid room with no problems. The only thing we didn't like was the parking. We were not sure which parking lot the hotel used and there was no where on the street to park. They should just direct you to the parking garage about a block or so up the street, which happened to be the one they use. We finally pulled in there about our 10 th time around the blocks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia