I travel to Philadelphia every two weeks for business and I've stayed at many of the downtown hotels. The Independent has become my absolute favorite. It is such a charming escape within a busy downtown core. It's close to everything, has a lovely breakfast that's brought to your room. The staff is wonderful and helpful. The rooms are clean - they are all a different, and all have soaring high ceilings. The wifi is very reliable! It is always a great escape and I'm so glad that I found it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Independent Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia