We had stayed at a sister hotel In Washington D.C last year and enjoyed it so much we looked out this one for our stay in Philadelphia and we were not disappointed. All the reception staff were extremely helpful, nothing seemed too much trouble, Eric brought us breakfast each morning with a big smile and a cheery good morning, Ben arranged a great table for us at a restaurant we had decided to go to and Nick was great too. Our room was on the 3rd floor and we weren't bothered by noise, we only had a blind at the window which let light in, the bathroom was a good size although the shower itself was a little small. We enjoyed the drinks in the lobby at 6 each evening, a great way to get to know the other guests. Overall a great stay and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia