“Food, Fun and History (but not too much!)”

City Food Tours Philadelphia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: City Food Tours is Philadelphia's premier operator of public and private food tours of the city. City Food Tours offers unique, customized tours and tastings highlighting Philadelphia regional foods. You'll also explore how the foods are made, have an opportunity to meet culinary experts, and learn what to look for in truly fabulous food. Tours are offered 7 days a weeks and are perfect for individuals, couples, alumni groups, companies, families and out-of-town guests.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Food, Fun and History (but not too much!)”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I gave the Decadent Food Tour to my best friend for Christmas last year and we finally did it! What a great time we had! Started at the Reading Terminal Market for three different tastings, headed up to DiBruno Bros. for cheese and to end the tour a "buffet" of sorbet and gelato! Our guides, Rochelle and Allison, did a great job of keeping us moving, were very personable, extremely friendly and gave us a bit of history along the way! Can't wait to book the next food tour!

Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Great Philly Tour”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I gave this to my husband as a gift and we had another couple join us. The tour guide was great and we tried places we normally wouldn't have. They incorporated some history about the city as we walked which was very interesting, as well.

Visited September 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Philly Food Tour”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My son gave us this event as a birthday present. It was really good and got us out and about in center city Philadelphia. The tour started at Reading Terminal Market where we had tastings at Fair Food Farmstead, Kamal's Middle Eastern and Flying Monkey Bakery, then a walk to Di Bruno Bros. for cheese tasting and then Capogiro for blind tastings of 6 flavors. Lots of history given, some extra stops to enjoy the history of the city and very well educated outgoing tour guides! I would recommend this to out of towners or those born and bred in Philly!!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“South Philly Food Tour”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I gave this event to my brother as a birthday gift. It turned out to be a terrific, fun and well organized afternoon. Our tour guide Andrew is bright, delightful and extremely well educated about South Philadelphia and the city. The pace of the tour is relaxed but lively and the food selections are varied as well as delicious. I loved learning about the diversity of South Philly.
It was a marvelous way to spend an afternoon. I would recommend this tour to any foodie looking to explore this area of the city. It also makes a perfect birthday gift!

Visited October 2013
Gardiner, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great time in Philly”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My sister and I went to Philadelphia on November 10th and went on the flavors of Philly tour. This was my second time on the tour and it was just as fun the second time. Great food and company, and the guide was superb. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to try some great flavors and see the city. It was rather blustery when we went and we still had a great time. Don't eat lunch before you go.