“Food For Thought”

City Food Tours Philadelphia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: City Food Tours is Philadelphia's premier operator of public and private food tours of the city. City Food Tours offers unique, customized tours and tastings highlighting Philadelphia regional foods. You'll also explore how the foods are made, have an opportunity to meet culinary experts, and learn what to look for in truly fabulous food. Tours are offered 7 days a weeks and are perfect for individuals, couples, alumni groups, companies, families and out-of-town guests.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My friend came into town from Baltimore so I decided it would be thee perfect
to be a tourist in my city. I'm so happy I chose this food tour as one of our activities. We met up with our tour guide, Robert at a center city location and he instantly made us feel welcomed. Robert was not only knowledgeable about food but he was also very knowledgeable about the city of Philadelphia, so we got to fill our bellies (with great eats I must add) and fill our brains with fun facts. If you're thinking about taking this food tour, stop thinking and just do it, you won't regret it! Can't wait to join them for another one.

1  Thank Kudi J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,566)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Ethnic Eats Tour left me laughing and full of wonderful foods. Robert blends significant knowledge of the foods with hilarious side banter -- a great way to spend an afternoon. As a Philly suburbanite, I don't get into South Philly much. Now, having seen some great places on a Sunday afternoon, I won't hesitate to venture back with friends at another time. You won't walk away from this food tour hungry. I ate before I got there, because I expected just a "taste" of different selections. Nope. Each person got enough without being stuffed. The tour of the Asian market is completely worthwhile, as is the stop at the Buddhist temple. Wear your walking shoes and leave your pre-conceived notions about food at home.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Philly on a whim from NYC. We signed up for the food tour with Judy and really enjoyed ourselves! We thought the price was a little high so we had high expectations. We weren't disappointed. Our tour guide knew a lot about the city and we really enjoyed her commentary. It's a good mix of history and yummy treats! Do not eat before going on this tour. I expected to get little samples here and there but we received large portions which was a nice surprise. We highly recommend this tour!

1  Thank Kate R
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had a great time at City Food Tour. Judy was a great host and did a nice job not only taking us to the food vendors, which were all good but the cheesesteak most certainly the best, but also showing us around the city and explaining how to get around. That information made the rest of our trip more enjoyable, as we were able to find our way around Philly much more easily. Well worth the money!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The tour was fantastic. The food was all delicious, and brought me outside the box of what I'd normally order. Robert and Eric were wonderful guides, and really know their stuff. I would highly recommend this to someone looking to learn more about an area they don't normally visit.