“Great overview of local business”

City Food Tours Philadelphia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: City Food Tours is Philadelphia's premier operator of public and private food tours of the city. City Food Tours offers unique, customized tours and tastings highlighting Philadelphia regional foods. You'll also explore how the foods are made, have an opportunity to meet culinary experts, and learn what to look for in truly fabulous food. Tours are offered 7 days a weeks and are perfect for individuals, couples, alumni groups, companies, families and out-of-town guests.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Great overview of local business”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We did the Flavors of Philly food tour. It was amazing! Our guide gave us a food tour and history tour rolled into one, which I found really good. Almost like a Welcome to Philadelphia tour. The food was really tasty and he gave us recommendations for foods and restaurants. The guide was extremely friendly and promoted local business and locally produced food. Great!

1 Thank Rissa1993

Washington, DC
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Ended the tour stuffed and smiling”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I recently moved to the city. My teenage niece and nephew were visiting, and we wanted to find an activity that all of us could enjoy. The food tour was the perfect way to give all of us exposure to some fun history and amazing "classic" Philly food. Judy was an awesome guide, waitress, and historian; and we can't wait to do our next tour!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank PrissyPixie
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decadent Gourmet Tour!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This tour was great and our guide, Virginia, was too! Went for my sister's bachelorette (we were a group of six) and ended up being the only ones on the tour which was perfect. Virginia was very knowledgeable and provided a lot of historical references throughout the tour. The food was good and the portions, in my opinion, were more than enough. We started out in Reading Terminal and had some dried peaches, a plate of Middle Eastern food, and a whole boston cream donut. We went on to DiBrunos for a cheese sampling, again we each got a big piece of 6 cheeses we tried. The tour ended at a gelato place and again we each had almost an entire cup of gelato to ourselves at the end. I would definitely recommend this tour!

Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“City of Philadelphia Prohibition Tour-Don't Miss It!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My sister and I did a little "sister weekend" in Philadelphia and we wanted to do something a little different. Well this was it :) Our tour guide, Judy, (I hope I have her name right as she was wonderful), was informative, interesting and made sure the entire group mingled and had a great time. It is a walking tour where you visit three different bars and try a 1920's inspired drink. Each of the three locations gave a little snack plate during our visit. DelFrisco's, Time & the speakeasy Ranstead Room were our three stops and we loved everyone of them. We had a fun group and it was wonderful getting to know different people.

I would recommend Judy and this tour for local Philadelphian's and out of town guests. You must be 21 though.

Owensboro, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great enhancement to Philly Vacation”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I were delighted to discover such a highly-rated foodie tour of Philadelphia. This 2+ hour tour was packed with information about both historic and modern Philly. I was concerned at first that we would stuff ourselves, but the walking broke up the food courses. The departure spot was a short walk from the Delaware River. I would highly recommend this tour. My only regret was that we scheduled the tour for the last day of our vacation instead of the first.

Visited June 2014