“Race cars in all their glory”

Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Book In Advance
More Info
US$335.00*
and up
New York to Philadelphia Day Trip by Rail
Ranked #10 of 470 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Philadelphia, PA, the Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum is one of the world's greatest collections of racing sports cars. Through our theme, "The Spirit of Competition", we celebrate the history and evolution of these magnificent machines. Assembled over 50 years by renowned neurosurgeon Dr. Frederick Simeone, the Museum contains over 65 historically significant cars including Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Bugatti, Mercedes, Jaguar, Bentley, Porsche, Aston Martin, Corvette, Ford and more. We are open Tuesday through Sunday for General Admission and there is always something new and exciting happening here. We offer many different types of events including our world famous Demo Days, Special Events, Special Exhibits and more. The Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum is a 501(c)3 nonprofit institution.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is the museum for you if you love race cars from every era. And for those of you who do not know much about cars, or particularly care about all their intricate details, this museum will also be a surprise. The exhibits are very well-staged, with lots of visual interest - but without overly complicated placards and tons of distracting details that can become tedious. My sister and I just enjoyed the view, so to speak, while the guys enjoyed the cars in detail, pondering the history and engineering features that were of interest to them. There was also a motorcycle collection (I believe on temporary display), and apparently there are revolving interactive days where the cars are driven out back with some hands-on demos as well. We spent about an hour, and were all very happy with our visit.

1  Thank wendy L
in 12 reviews
"additional information"
"historical significance"

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was told of this place by several other gearheads,so i went with my 14 year old son to check out. Cars are eclectic and well displayed, one of the best car museums i have been to. Worth the cab ride from downtown Phili where we were staying.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I took my husband to Philadelphia as a surprise for his birthday. One of the places we got to enjoy was this automobile museum. My husband, my 7 year old son, and myself are not what I would consider avid car enthusiasts, but we have always had a great appreciation of the beauty and design of antique cars. This museum was a treat. We pretty much had the place to ourselves (on a Tuesday) and found it very relaxing exploring the space. The exhibits were well done and nicely laid out. We were surprised at the extreme rarity of so many of the cars and enjoyed reading about them. The staff was friendly, restrooms were clean, there was free parking and a small gift shop where my son purchased a cool poster for his room. Overall, a nice place to visit.

1  Thank BirderB
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was here for a reception. The building is large, so even with 500 guests, the place felt empty. The cars are displayed by race type and each has a plaque that briefly describes the car. I remember seeing some of these cars in my dad’s old Road and Track magazines. I loved the Jaguar D-Type. This was the first time that I’ve seen a Ferrari Testa Rossa and a Porche 917 in person. I was amazed at the 138 MPH speed of one car from the early 1930s. There was a temporary display of Ford Mustangs, also.

The place has a slight oil odor to it. The temperature started out fine, but later got really humid. It doesn’t appear to have any air conditioning. For our function, there were two pool tables and a two-person racing video game.

It was fun to look around at the cars. The place is kind of hidden, out near the airport.