“The Trifecta of Meat!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Pastrami, Brisket, Corned Beef are all awesome! For me the Pastrami was the best! Really like the fact that they actually stay open till 6pm. Unlike the more famous place that starts with a "D" across the way that to me is very pretentious and pulls the napkin holders off of the counter and is in full clean up mode at 5pm and acts like they are to good for my money. So support Hershel's not only because they have great food but they work hard for your money!

1  Thank Newwnguy

Reviewed 26 November 2013

OK, there's not much more to say than this place has the best pastrami I've ever had, and I'm a New Yorker (and we know pastrami). It has so much flavor, every bit is like an explosion for your taste buds. Get there early on a Friday though, Terminal Market closes at 5pm and they'll boot you out as soon as they can.

The service was quick, the food great. Quick, delicious meal in mind? This is the place to go. I will definitely be back, no doubt about it.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I've been to Hershel's a few times. It is smack in the middle of the Reading Terminal Market. The Pastrami at Hershel's is perhaps the best I've ever tasted. That is saying a lot considering I grew up in the NYC area. The brisket and the turkey are excellent too. Plus, they have Doctor Brown's Black Cherry Soda. Cant beat it!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stopped by for a quick nosh before the market closed. The two of us split a chicken soup and the three meat platter (chose roast beef, corned beef and pastrami) with potato salad and two big pickle spears.

The soup chased away any hint of a cold for both of us and the meats were juicy and delicious. Pickle was really very good and potato salad was quite good also.

I had to ask for a couple slices of bread and had to ask for napkins. The younger generation just doesn't give the service that their fathers regularly gave.

It's a good place with great food and definitely worth a try!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is by far the best corned beef and pastrami sandwich I have ever eaten. So good in fact that of the 3 days I was there, we ate there twice. Meat is cured at the deli, right in front of you if you are there at the right time of time. Be prepared to ask for extra napkins because this place is amazing!