My seven year old son and I stayed at the Four Seasons this past week during a two day visit to Philadelphia.
We arrived into Philadelphia at 12:15, and check in was at 3. I called the hotel that morning to request an early check in. They added the request to my reservation, but advised that though they could not guarantee it, we were welcomed to come to the hotel early, store our luggage, and make use of their spa and other facilities. I asked if I could call when we arrived into Philadelphia to check on the room, and they said most certainly. I called when our train was arriving into 30th Street station, and they advised us that our room was ready.
My son declared it his favorite hotel ever after they brought out a wagon of toys for him to select from when we checked in! We haven't encountered such a wonderful welcome at any other hotel where we have stayed. In addition to the welcome toy wagon, check in was a breeze!
My son noticed that there was always a doorman who offered a warm greeting whenever we entered or exited our hotel. I regularly stay at the Sofitel and the Ritz Carlton in Philadelphia for business, and I am sure that there is a doorman at each who greets you, but I can't recall such warm greetings from my past stays there. Perhaps it's because my son pointed it out, or because he was with me, that we were always greeted in such a warm way? :)
I forgot to pack my toothbrush and requested one when we got back to our hotel room that night. Unfortunately, it was 3 phone calls and about 45 minutes later before the dental kit and a sincerely apology made it up to our room. After that, another dental kit arrived when I was brushing my teeth. And after I had showered and gotten into bed, yet another dental kit arrived. Perhaps it was a busy Thursday evening at the hotel? No biggie, though.
The hotel room was large and comfortable. I personally did not find the bed very comfortable, though my son had a good night's sleep. We had a room with two double beds. I woke up around midnight feeling stuffed up and turned off the fan on the air conditioner, and my nose cleared right up. I slept better after that!
The bathroom was very comfortable, though I wouldn't mind seeing them update it, adding a standing shower with glass doors - one of the features I love about the Sofitel in Philadelphia! The water pressure in the shower in the tub was great, as were the L'Occitane toiletries!
The safe in the closet had a key rather than a code, which meant carrying a key around (something I'd rather not have to do - it was one of Medeco keys that you don't want to lose).
They weren't able to accommodate a late check out because they were sold out, but check out was a breeze and they happily stored our bag while we went around town.
My son wants to know if all of the Four Seasons give out toys when you check in...we will have to find out!
There is no question of where we will stay the next time I'm in Philadelphia with my son! :)
Last note - the Four Seasons is in a great location! We walked from 30th Street Station to the hotel when we arrived, and we walked most everywhere we went while we were in Philadelphia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Logan is an independent hotel that blends sophistication with modern luxury. As Philadelphia's hotel we are a social hub in the heart of the cultural district, complete with outdoor living spaces and unique culinary experiences. We share the story of this great city through our inspired design features and locally curated art collection. Located on historic Logan Square, The Logan Hotel is within easy walking distance to Museums, galleries and the Franklin Institute. This modern luxury hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites, over 14,000 square feet of event space, full service Spa & Fitness, Urban Farmer Steakhouse, The Commons Lobby Bar and the city's biggest and best roof top bar, Assembly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel Philadelphia
- Four Seasons Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Four Seasons