“Very enjoyable stay at the Four Seasons Philadelphia!”

The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #10 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 June 2013

My seven year old son and I stayed at the Four Seasons this past week during a two day visit to Philadelphia.

We arrived into Philadelphia at 12:15, and check in was at 3. I called the hotel that morning to request an early check in. They added the request to my reservation, but advised that though they could not guarantee it, we were welcomed to come to the hotel early, store our luggage, and make use of their spa and other facilities. I asked if I could call when we arrived into Philadelphia to check on the room, and they said most certainly. I called when our train was arriving into 30th Street station, and they advised us that our room was ready.

My son declared it his favorite hotel ever after they brought out a wagon of toys for him to select from when we checked in! We haven't encountered such a wonderful welcome at any other hotel where we have stayed. In addition to the welcome toy wagon, check in was a breeze!

My son noticed that there was always a doorman who offered a warm greeting whenever we entered or exited our hotel. I regularly stay at the Sofitel and the Ritz Carlton in Philadelphia for business, and I am sure that there is a doorman at each who greets you, but I can't recall such warm greetings from my past stays there. Perhaps it's because my son pointed it out, or because he was with me, that we were always greeted in such a warm way? :)

I forgot to pack my toothbrush and requested one when we got back to our hotel room that night. Unfortunately, it was 3 phone calls and about 45 minutes later before the dental kit and a sincerely apology made it up to our room. After that, another dental kit arrived when I was brushing my teeth. And after I had showered and gotten into bed, yet another dental kit arrived. Perhaps it was a busy Thursday evening at the hotel? No biggie, though.

The hotel room was large and comfortable. I personally did not find the bed very comfortable, though my son had a good night's sleep. We had a room with two double beds. I woke up around midnight feeling stuffed up and turned off the fan on the air conditioner, and my nose cleared right up. I slept better after that!

The bathroom was very comfortable, though I wouldn't mind seeing them update it, adding a standing shower with glass doors - one of the features I love about the Sofitel in Philadelphia! The water pressure in the shower in the tub was great, as were the L'Occitane toiletries!

The safe in the closet had a key rather than a code, which meant carrying a key around (something I'd rather not have to do - it was one of Medeco keys that you don't want to lose).

They weren't able to accommodate a late check out because they were sold out, but check out was a breeze and they happily stored our bag while we went around town.

My son wants to know if all of the Four Seasons give out toys when you check in...we will have to find out!

There is no question of where we will stay the next time I'm in Philadelphia with my son! :)

Last note - the Four Seasons is in a great location! We walked from 30th Street Station to the hotel when we arrived, and we walked most everywhere we went while we were in Philadelphia.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Sharon B, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Greetings from the Four Seasons Philadelphia,
Thank you so much for your review titled, "Very enjoyable stay at the Four Seasons Philadelphia!" I am so happy to hear that your arrival experience was warm and that your check in was a breeze.
The detailed feedback you shared in your review is a great tool for the team here at the hotel.
I am happy to learn that your son would like to return to the Four Seasons Philadelphia; please contact me directly so that I may assist you with a future reservation. I look forward to the pleasure and privilege of welcoming you back!

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Have stayed at this Hotel at least 20 times both for Business and pleasure..The property is excellently located for walking to city attractions.
Restaurant service is quick and efficient with many choices. All delicious.Rooms decorated nicely and clean.
Only negative is some of the rooms could use updates and the bath shampoo and soap are getting tiresome..
A overall good place for a short visit to Philadelphia.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not too far from the elevators..Some rooms quite far away.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from the Four Seasons Philadelphia,
Thank you so much for your review titled "Excellent for business and pleasure". I am so happy to hear that you have stayed at the hotel over 20 times and have enjoyed the guest rooms, service and the location. I also want to thank you for the feedback that you have shared regarding the shampoo and soap. I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back on a future visit. Thank you so much for posting your review and for your continued patronage of the Four Seasons Philadelphia!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Met my brother from Boston and my Nephew and son from New York City at this property to attend a Phillies baseball game. All four of us stayed at the Four Seasons. The rooms all had a fantastic view of the parkway, a beautiful setting. They were quit, clean and all you expect from a hotel of this caliber.
After the game we all went to the lounge to catch up. The lounge was busy and the service was excellent. We all really enjoyed spending time together in such a inviting atmosphere. My brother and I had lunch prior to the game in the hotel restaurant and the food and service was as to be expected, and then some. The staff at every turn went out of their way to make sure we were being taken care of. We took a cab to the ballpark and the Concierge told us that after the game if we had any problem returning to the hotel, call and they would send a car for us, giving all of us peace of mind.
All in all it was a fantastic bonding memorable visit. I would and plan to stay at this property in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Room: We had an amazing view of the fountain. A must! Our room was a very large corner room. We were lucky! The bed was comfy and very large, clean, bathroom.

Service: All the staff is very professional and so helpful. We had lunch at the fountain restaurant and they brought our leftovers upstairs to our room.

Fountain Restaurant: Awesome! Try the tuna tartar and lobster salad.

Room service: a bit pricy but great breakfast and dinner.

Spa: My only negative comment about the hotel would be the Spa. It is located on the bottom floor near the pool area. The employees were awesome and my masseuse was great. BUT the massage room was located inside the ladies locker room. During my massage I could hear the typical locker room chatter laughter, blow driers, yelling. It was actually louder than the music in the massage room. Very strange for a $145 massage. I would not book it again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Wonderful service overall. I thought the pool photos on the web site were a bit misleading -- it is not as nice as it looks in the photo, and they were running out of lounge chairs on Sunday morning. The Sunday brunch was excellent. The front desk is not big enough for the number of people checking in and out - -at least not the high maintenance people with lots and lots of questions who were staying there when I was. It was very nice, overall, but I had expected a little bit more from Four Seasons.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Michael N, Hotel Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear JuniperCreek,

Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel and the brunch. We're in discussions about the Spa and pool area and have it top of mind for renovations.

We hope that you'll join us again in the future and please contact me for assistance.

Regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2013

The hall carpeting is coming loose at the seams. This hardly feels like a 5 star hotel as you walk down the hall. Our room had only one comfortable chair plus a desk chair. There was room for second comfortable chair. One of us had to try to sit up on the bed to read or have a relaxed conversation. The bathroom's shower was a shower/tub combo. Breakfast was delicious. Staff was great. The bed was comfortable as we're the linens. I would not return to this hotel when I return to Philadelphia.

Room Tip: Ask for room that is on outside of hotel, not one that overlooks the inner courtyard (roof).
Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvia M

Dear Sylvia M,

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay with us and I'm sorry about the condition of the hallway carpet. We do have a renovation planned for later this year to address these issues and I'd like to speak with you further if possible.

Please contact me at the information below so we can chat a bit more.

Regards,
(215) 963-2742
michael.nenner@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on two different occasions in the last week, thus an opportunity to try two different rooms. The first night I was on the third floor and the end of the hall. My room was very typical hotel room decor and overlooked the roof. I noticed all eight floors of this side of hotel had a roof view. My second stay in the week was Room 204, much larger with view of the courtyard and fountain. The rooms all have robes and slippers, they lack coffee pots (complimentary coffee is available in the lobby). The bathrooms are very basic. They did include a lighted mirror.. I was running late one morning so ordered bacon and eggs to my room. My bill was $40 for the food because an additional $14 was added to the bill above the $26 of the food for three additional fees. With all my travels around the world, I have never encountered such high room service delivery fees.
Fitness facility is fairly nice and very clean. Matrix machines, 3 treadmills. The gym does offer nice quality hot tea and coffee. There is ice water and cold towels.
Internet in the room is $12 per day.
Location of the hotel is just blocks from the Barnes Foundation and other museums.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TDHArizona

Dear TDHArizona,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay with us last week. I wish we could have put you into a room facing the Fountain. The views for the Parkway, Art Museums and parks are amazing. Please contact me when you’re in town again and I can assist you in making the reservations for a great room.