“Hip and Kid Friendly at the Same Time” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #20 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hockessin, Delaware
“Hip and Kid Friendly at the Same Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in early Feb. for a work event and enjoyed it so much, we went back last weekend, just in time for the brief "warm up" in the mid-Atlantic. The hotel's Logan Square location is beautiful and the fountain view from our room on the second trip was lovely. The lobby lounge is so popular it can be difficult to get a seat, and the Sunday brunch and a la carte menu has something for everyone. Staff is terrific. We are planning to take our two young daughters back with us once the weather warms up and my favorite part of this hotel -- other than the grand location and the staff -- is that it is both a great getaway for a romantic weekend and kid-friendly. We saw children selecting coloring books and other items from a big red wagon in the lobby, there is a big indoor pool next to the spa and the brunch had kid-friendly items like yogurt parfaits topped with Froot Loops. Worth the splurge to be well taken care of.

Room Tip: We had a Courtyard view during our first stay which was very peaceful and quiet and a fountain view...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sharon B, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Pam M,
Thank you so much for visiting the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia and for sharing your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor! I am so happy to hear that the hotel was the location for your work event and that you found it enjoyable and made a return visit based on your experience.
Please do contact me directly when you plan to bring your children on a return visit as I would love assist with you plans. Philadelphia is a great city for families and there are wonderful offerings both at the hotel and in the city for families to enjoy. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future at sharon.brambrut@fourseasons.com

Sharon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Didnt' stay at the hotel overnight but my wife and I went to the spa for a couples massage. Quality all around is evident. The massages were great, we ordered lunch and had them bring it to the pool area. We were able to use all the facilities there including the pool and whirlpool which were very well maintained. We felt like we were able to escape normal life stress for a few hours.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear danxr222,
Thank you for visiting The Spa at The Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia. I am thrilled to hear that you found your experience to be an escape from every day stress and truly appreciate the wonderful feedback you shared on Trip Advisor. Please email me directly should you plan to return as I would love the chance to welcome you back for another "great escape" to The Spa! sharon.brambrut@fourseasons.com

Warm Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have stayed at many of the hotels in Philadelphia in the top 20 list. I was shocked to find out where the Four Seasons was ranked on the list. It is by far the best high-end hotel in Philadelphia. Based on the hotels in the area, I would recommend this hotel over the others.

To be clear, prior to writing this review I was waiting to hear back from the Four Seasons. I had a few minor issues during my stay. Instead of addressing them while I was there (my fault) I waited until after and wrote the hotel a note. Admittedly, I would have liked a perfect stay but their follow-up in my book is far superior to an apology during the stay. I was so happy to hear back from the hotel, and receive their very professional and thoughtful response I have to say thank you. Sharon B. who has responded to a number of requests on this link represents the hotel impressively.

That said, I feel important to provide my fellow readers with a few highlights. The rooms are great, a bit dated but well-appointed. The technology is great in the rooms. I had a couple of issues with check-in and housekeeping service, but again they were resolved to my satisfaction. To my fellow readers, I don't want to go into detail about the negative--because in my book all my issues were resolved.

And, as I stated at the top it is the best of the lot. If your travels take you to Philadelphia I would encourage you to stay here. It has a good location, meets the standard expectations of a Four Seasons, and is better than it's competition.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pasag
Dear pasag,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia. I am sorry that your stay was not a flawless experience but I am glad to hear that you felt comfortable with the follow up provided following your stay.

I would love to be a point of contact for you so that I can ensure a flawless experience on a future visit. Please contact me directly should your travels bring you back to Philadelphia at sharon.brambrut@fourseasons.com

Thank you so much again for sharing your comments.
Vineland, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Our family enjoyed a wonderful stay at a Luxury Hotel that is kid friendly!! Service begins at the front door with the valet/doorman, so be prepared for lots of tipping. Our room had a beautiful view of Logan Square. We walked to the Franklin Institute (saw the Pompeii exhibit) which was really neat. We also were in walking distance to Rittenhouse Square. On Sunday morning we went to the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul, which was breathtakingly gorgeous inside! Our room was very clean, bathroom was especially sparkling clean!! Beds were very comfortable, especially the pillows. In the late evening, there was a knock at the door from hotel staff bringing our 2 children complimentary cookies and milk!! Pool was a little crowded and the water was cold. This area could also use additional seating, but it was clean nonetheless. There is a Jacuzzi for adults.
Although we did not have dinner on site, we had dessert in the lounge that was delicious. The breakfast buffet was just as good. It can be quite expensive, but you get what you pay for. The manager of the hotel came over and talked with us during breakfast. He was very personable and genuine. We later saw him greeting guests at the front door along with his doormen. We would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for luxury, cleanliness and optimal guest service.

1 Thank Tiffany C
ChristiaD, Public Relations Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Tiffany C,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent visit with us. We are thrilled you had a wonderful family vacation to Philadelphia! As you noted, our location is ideal for visiting many of the museums and sites and we're very happy you were able to experience much of it during your weekend. We'll look into the pool temperature to ensure it's at the 84 degrees we normally keep it at. Thank you for that feedback.

Thank you again and we hope to see your family back for another visit soon!

Christia Donohue
Riverton, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in almost all of Philly's Center City hotels, and finally was able to experience the Four Seasons. The rooms are elegantly furnished, and the bed was so comfortable. I love good pillows, and was not disappointed by the selection I found. Room service was delivered promptly and laid out very regally. I was pleased by this hotel's location which is very convenient to both business and pleasure. I can highly recommend this establishment and hope to return soon.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jane L
Dear Jane L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent stay. As a traveler who has stayed in many of the city's hotels as you stated, it is wonderful to hear that you would highly recommend our hotel to others! We strive to leave each of our guests with a positive and memorable visit and are very happy to know you had that experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Christia Donohue
Director of Public Relations
princeton,nj
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

This property has slipped dramatically. Food quality was average, attention to detail was poor, and hallway and room spelled musty. Hotel lost car keys and could not find them in time for me to make a flight from Philly airport. I had to request cab fare to the airport when it became apparent I was going to miss my flight. When I came back to the hotel to get my keys on a Sunday night at 11pm (coming back a return flight) it took 25 minutes to match up the key to the car and retrieve it. There are so many better options in Philly. A property i once loved has lost its luster.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank alterasset
Sharon B, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear alterasset,
I am so sorry to hear of the multiple issues you experienced during your recent visit to the hotel. If you have a moment, please contact me directly as I would like to discuss your experiences with you a bit further: sharon.brambrut@fourseasons.com
Needham MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

For the life of me I don't understand any negative reviews, and honestly, I'm kind of picky. But if you were looking for a serene, romantic getaway maybe this isn't your spot. I, however, was looking for a place to take my kids to enjoy the sights of Philly and at the same time be well cared for. This hotel was perfect in all regards. The decor is traditional and classic Philadelphia and they have excellent room darkeners, and courtyard view rooms are incredibly quiet. I didn't smell anything in my room, other than the wonderful room service breakfast and dinner which were as ordered, hot and delicious. The staff, from the moment we checked in (thank you Brandon), each time we left/returned (special shout out to Vince who was always smiling), concierge, housekeeping, laundry (bc we had a hot cocoa mishap) truly could not have been lovelier. It's not just FS training, this hotel clearly hires good people. It's location is perfect for the museums, and a bit away from center city hustle and bustle. While we did take some cabs, we also burned off all we ate around the city by walking to/from a lot. Funny thing about Philly, it's not nearly as spread out as it looks on the map. The hotel had a family breakfast room over the weekend which was much appreciated, and kids activities (which we didn't do, but were nice to know about). A professional sports team may have also been staying there ;-), and my kids got a kick out of that too. It's also the only place with a real pool, always nice to have when touring in winter. The rooms were immaculate, and well appointed. Although a keurig would be a nice addition. We will be back.

Room Tip: Courtyard view was very quiet, so I'd stick with that next time.
1 Thank Dale88
Dear Dale88,
Thank you for spending your family weekend at the Four SeasonsHotel Philadelphia and for the wonderful review you shared on TripAdvisor! Please contact me directly for future visits as I would love to assist with any future reservations sharon.brambrut@fourseasons.com.
Your wonderful feedback has been shared with the teams around the hotel who are truly appreciative of your comments.
Many Thanks,