“Great Location, Great Service”

The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #22 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cupertino, CA
“Great Location, Great Service”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My son and I just returned from a six night stay at the Four Seasons Philadelphia. The stay started a little odd when, during check-in, I asked if our room had a nice view, the employee checking us in said he had a room he could get us that had a great view with a balcony for an extra $50/night. Not something I'd expect to hear at a Four Seasons. Other than that, everything was really nice with our stay. The location is perfect, near several of the best museums in the area and close to the train and subway stations (convenient for the Phillies and Union games). There's a running trail along the Schuylkill river that starts about 1mi from the hotel (stay on the left side of the round-a-bouts and the trail branches off to the left just before the art museum). The Four Seasons always had water and a towel for me when I returned from my runs. Our room was a king suite (view of the adjacent building). The room was very comfortable, and the twice daily service was top notch. We only got room service once (for dessert), but it was excellent.. I'm really happy we chose to stay at the Four Seasons and wouldn't hesitate to stay there if we returned to Philadelphia.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gbob
Sharon B, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Greetings gbob from the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia! Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Four Seasons during your recent visit to Philadelphia and for sharing such wonderful comments on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the location, the guest room and the service!
I would like to discuss your arrival experience with you a bit further. If you have a moment please email me so that I can gain a bit mor insight into the discussion upon your arrival to the hotel. I truly hope to hear from you at sharon.brambrut@fourseasons.com
Sharon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
NY
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was my third trip to Philly in about a year. After two very disappointing stays at the Ritz-Carlton, I chose the Four Seasons and I am so glad I did. When we arrived, we were given a complimentary upgrade to a suite, which was a nice touch. The decor was standard Four Seasons but the true the standout was the AMAZING staff. My husband and I were commenting on how the organization is really doing something right because every staff member, is happy, and happy to help you.
Also, I must comment on how good the restaurant was. Being from NYC, I am totally spoiled when it comes to eating out, and have fairly high standards. I did not want to eat in the restaurant thinking it would be standard hotel fair. Wow - was I wrong. The food was excellent and the staff was amazing. Michael our waiter has some very good picks when it came to wine pairing and we had such a delicious meal at dinner that we returned for breakfast - that was also outstanding.
Overall, when I return to Philly in a few months, I will definitely return here. And to anyone who is deciding between the Ritz or the Four Seasons - Four Seasons by a land slide.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ideide
Sharon B, Manager at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear ideide,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia and for sharing such amazing comments on Trip Advisor! I am so happy that our team was able to provide you with an upgrade nd that you enjoyed the AMAZING staff! Please do contact me directly when your travels bring you back to Philadelphia as I woulf love to assist with your reservation on a return visit!
southbeach,miami
Reviewed 8 July 2014

my bf & i travel frequently & stay at boutique hotels, the hyatt or sheraton. well no more boutique hotels ever again!!!! now the four seasons will be a first choice when we go on vacation.
where do i begin? the staff from housekeeping , restaurant , front desk & concierge are outstanding. they address you by name & try to honor all requests w/in reason. they also a polite, cheerful and respectful. do dine in their 5 star restaurant!!!! they sent a special treat per gratis for dessert. you see i just won my 2nd 6 month battle w/ lite chemo!! during check-in the bell hop was so eager to assisst us in checking the room for any bugs, unlike the hotel we checked out of. the lobby & public areas in hotel are beatifully decorated, extremely clean & guests are so curteous. we especially enjoyed the tight security on the 4th. only hotel guests were allowed access, unlike other hotels. the doormen actually escorted me to our cab for dinner for he could see how exhausted & weak i was. the bedding, pillows, toiletries were superb in our spacious room. we even were given a survey to rate our experience & named 3 staff members for their excellence. leaving was difficult but we can't wait to return!!!!!

Room Tip: corner rooms are always more spacious & do book a suite if available.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings ucbgal!
Thank you so much for your recent to the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia and for sharing your comments with Trip Advisor. I am thrilled that you have decided that the Four Seasons will be your first choice for your future vacations! Please contact me directly so that I can assist with any future plans!

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed just one night because we were on a journey south and stopped off to see the Barnes Foundation museum. The museum (highly recommended!) is within walking distance.
We had a drink in the bar when we arrived. They have a good selection of drinks. We had beers, and they served house made potato chips. We also had a most delicious hummus with olives and cheese crackers. That was very nicely done.
We had breakfast in the Fountain Room, apparently the only five star restaurant in Pennsylvania. Service was very slow and breakfast was unexceptional. Nothing tremendously creative, but maybe they save their best ideas for dinner. We did not stay longer to find out.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front overlooking Logan Square, which was a little noisy. The room was very spac...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings Prue T! Thank you for your recent visit to the Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia! I am so glad you got to enjoy the Barnes during your stay and that you had time to enjoy some drinks and appetizers in the Lounge.
I am so sorry that you did not have a wonderful experience during Breakfast and would like to obtain some further details so that I can follow up internally with the team. Can you email me with any additional feedback that you might have regarding your breakfast? sharon.brambrut@fourseasons.com I truly hope to hear from you soon.
Dallas
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We just returned from a four-day stay in a suite at the Four Seasons. The best features of this hotel are the location and the staff. For tourists, the location of the primary sites in Phili is a bit spread out across the city center. The museums are in one pocket, the best shopping/dining is in another, and the historic sites within the Independence Mall area are in another pocket. Mind you, none of these pockets are miles from each other, but it's just much more convenient to be in the center of it all, which is where this hotel is located, so you can more easily walk to the sites. The Four Seasons seems to be the only nice hotel close to the museum district, which is another advantage if that's where you plan to spend a lot of time. P.S. The Barnes Museum is fabulous and steals the show from the others in the area! The Rodin Museum is small but also very nice.

The staff are consistently very professional and friendly. They clearly enjoy working at the hotel, and all of my interactions with the staff were very pleasant. That's not something you always see in larger, chain hotels, even of this standard.

Just a few points of note - I didn't see coffee or tea in my suite, although those amenities were provided in the fitness facility. If I recall correctly, the daily charge for wifi was about $12.

Prior to selecting this hotel, I had some concerns about a few of the reviews indicating the hotel was tired and needed a refurb. I will say that I can understand where those folks are coming from in terms of some dated decor, etc.; however, I thought the hotel, fitness, and spa areas were well maintained, so although I noticed a few cosmetic issues, I didn't experience any glaring problems.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear KPfeff,
Thank you for staying at the Four Seasons Hotel in Philadelphia. I am so happy that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and found the staff to be professional and friendly. Please do let me know if your travels bring you back to Philadelphia as I would love to assist with any future plans that you may have!
Rockland, NY
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is the second time we stayed at the hotel. We like the location since we have young children, and it is so close to the museums and many great restaurants within walking distance, most notably Sabrina's for breakfast/brunch. The first night they left cookies for our children. The second night there were no cookies, so I asked for some at the front desk, who said they would send some up. I also asked where I could buy some ice cream, and the person recommended room service.

Ten minutes later there was a knock at the door, and a large tray with cookies, milk, AND ice cream appeared....without charge. It is this kind of treatment that will make us return to this hotel every time we visit Philadelphia.

Like others, we found the entire staff to be extremely helpful and nice. We like to stay at higher end hotels and this hotel does not disappoint.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
AA_Armstrong, Director of Sales at The Logan Philadelphia, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
I am so very happy to hear that we were able to surprise your children with a little treat! We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We have been staying here for over 20 years and the hotel always delivers a true FS experience.Understated elegance,attentive service,old fashioned but very comfortable rooms with excellent linens and great attention to detail.We booked 2 rooms and were allotted adjoining rooms with an internal door,effectively creating a lovely suite.Will always stay here when in the City.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sweetiesPennsylvania
Thank you for your kind compliments. We look forward to continuing to take great care of you and your family!