“Well worth it!”

Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #8 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend. We enjoyed ourselves. The room was clean, the staff were friendly, and the room service was great.

My only complain was the Central Air, no matter how low we set the air for room 2601, it was still not cooling up as we wanted. <3

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed here in November 2011 while on conference. The official check-in time is 4pm - I arrived at the hotel just after 11am, straigh off my international flight and was pleasantly surprised when I was told my room was ready! I wanted nothing more than a hot shower at that stage. The room was lovely, the bed very comfortable and the bathroom adequate. The only issue I had was that I couldn't turn off the extractor fan in the bathroom, which was very noisy but I just closed the bathroom door at night and I slept just fine.

The food was good, the restaurant service fairly average but good internet connection in the rooms and well priced too. Would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank The_Meerkats
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The Loews Philadelphia was a nice hotel, conveniently located, and the hotel staff was exceptionally friendly. We had a superiour room that was comfortable and clean. The bath towels were big and soft. We were traveling with our 3 year old son, so I chose this hotel based on the "family friendly" reviews I read. Although the hotel was nice, we didn't see any specific kid-friendly benefits. My son received a small pack of crayons and mini coloring book at check-in, which he liked, but I read on another website that a toy was issued at check-in. I even called the hotel to confirm and was told they give an age appropriate gift at check-in. My son didn't notice, and it wouldn't prevent us from staying at the Loews again, I was just a little disappointed. We didn't try the hotel restaurant, but we walked over to the Reading Terminal Market for a wonderful breakfast at the Down Home Diner. We also walked a few blocks to Franklin Square, which was a nice park with an outdoor carousel, miniature golf, playground and Square Burger with delicious burgers and fries.

1  Thank Kimal
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We found ourselves at the Loews after we snagged a deal on Priceline. The lobby and public areas are straight vintage from the 1960s, which gave it a great vibe. The rooms were a bit small but very well appointed and clean. We had a great view of Town Hall and it was conveniently located walking distance to Rittenhouse Square and the rest of Center City.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GPJ2012
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My family and I stayed here for four days over the course of the Easter/Passover holiday weekend. As other reviewers have noted, the location of the hotel is unquestionably it's best asset. It is directly in the middle of the city, within walking distance to many tourist destinations and other areas of interest. The Reading Terminal Market is 2 blocks away which means great food shopping and diverse food stalls with many types of cuisines; it is open from 8-6 daily.

The hotel provides a complimentary refrigerator in your room so you have someplace to store the food you bring back from the Market. In addition, there is a complimentary coffee/tea station in each room that uses the Keurig machine, although I did not use it, preferring to walk two blocks to get fresh brewed coffee at the Market. The hotel rooms are spacious and well appointed. The toiletries are an upgraded line, the bathrobes are comfortable and there are plenty of fresh towels, extra blankets, etc. The little details are not overlooked at the Loews and it does make a difference in the quality of your stay.

As other reviewers have described, the hotel was once a bank/office building, a historic property in Philadelphia many years ago. This had no bearing at all on our stay there; there were no noise issues at all, no disturbances whatsoever. There were several events going on during our stay and we were never inconvenienced once by any type of disruption. The hotel does allow pets on two designated floors; we never once heard dogs barking and were only aware of the pet policy because we saw them in the lobby.

The staff at the Loews is professional and polite at all times. From the check-in experience (fast) to the luggage valets (friendly) to the housekeepers (helpful), every member of the staff with whom we interacted went out of their way to help us in any way they could. It was truly refreshing to encounter so many cheerful people! The Easter bunny entertained children in the lobby on Sunday, handing out chocolates and posing for photos. It is these little touches that make the Loews such a pleasant place to stay!

As a member of their rewards program (free to join) I was entitled to free internet on my 2nd hotel stay and thereafter. This was also a nice little perk that was appreciated. We did not use the parking garage but we did notice it was well staffed with attendants every time we went through the garage entrance.

We wholeheartedly recommend the Loews on Market Street as an excellent choice when visiting Philadelphia. We feel certain fellow travelers will enjoy their experience there as we have in the past and will continue to in the future.

4  Thank WVeranda
EdeanKam, Managing Director at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent visit with us here at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are delighted that you had a fantastic stay with us and found our rooms spacious and comfortable and our location to be within walking distance of both the historic and museum area. Not to mention one of the best kept secrets in Philadelphia, the Reading Terminal Market. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

The staff at the Loews Philadelphia made me proud to be a Philadelphian. This last-minute weekend staycation with my family may make me return to being a loyal Loews frequent guest, as I was approximately a decade ago during a period of heavy business travel. Valentine at the front desk, Liz in the restaurant, and Lenor & Kim at the club lounge went above and beyond to offer amazing customer service. Way to go Loews!

1  Thank Gef112
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Loews Philadelphia hotel for five nights as I attended a conference at the Philiadelphia Convention Center across the street.
I found the hotel staff, outside of the front desk staff, to be very helpful, kind, and accommodating. My room was not ready at check-in and I had to wait four hours before I could get to my room. That was at almost 6 pm on the day of my arrival. I am hoping, for the Loews Hotels' sake, that this was an isolated incident. After travelling, the last thing people want to do is wait that long to get in to their rooms. I had even requested an early check-in.
The front desk staff was unfriendly and did not greet me as a You First member. I travel frequently, so being greeted as a valued guest is important to me. Also, this lets me know that they are aware of my membership and the hotel perks (like free internet at this location) will be provided.
The concierge desk is very helpful and like to have fun with their guests. Kick your heels up and make friends with them. they will steer you to great restaurants and locals only haunts throughout the city.
Make sure to request a high floor as the views are much better. If you like to sleep late in the morning, this hotel might not be a great choice as it can be noisy. Sirens, convention center noise and the echo filled hallways can be distracting, but I can pretty much sleep through anything, so it didn't bother me much. Possible ask for a room on the opposite side from the convention center. This might reduce the noise factor.
Make sure to sign up for You First benefits as you will receive free internet. The cost would have been close to $60 for my 5 night stay, so it is well worth becoming a member.
The restaurant and lounge, Sole Food, is nice, but there are many other places I would choose before that while visiting Philadelphia. But, if you are looking for a nightcap or just a convenient spot to relax for a bit, it is a good choice.
The rooms are spacious and the beds comfortable. I was so busy, that I did not utilize the television services or room service. Housekeeping was wonderful and my room attendant, Akila, was kind, thoughtful, and top notch!
The Marriott across the street was the hotel of choice for our conference, but I chose to stay at the Loews as I was wanting more of a unique experience. I definitely got it and at almost half the price!
I would stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel again when in the city again. Center City location, walking distance to amazing sites, and for the most part, a wonderful, caring staff. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors (22nd and above) will have the best views. Rooms on the side opposite th...