“Beware of what your paying for and actually getting”

Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #7 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Maryville, TN
“Beware of what your paying for and actually getting”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I had reservations for 3 rooms, one of the rooms they screwed up on and put in a cheaper room and never adjusted the price, my room, the air unit banged ever 20 mins. and it was never repaired, I found dirty towels balled up behind the curtains from prior guest, the complimentary breakfast that was supposed to be on the 31st flr for guest up on club level rooms were stopped without warning and the club level rooms that are supposed to be on secured floors are no longer secured and accessible to anyone who wants to go up there, the garage valets will guide you back into another guests car, then take off to avoid accepting responsibility, room service for breakfast never showed up, then I received a call telling me it'll be delivered an hour later, and if I wanted breakfast at the moment, I had to go get it myself up on the 33rd Floor Restaurant level, there were too many problems to type them all out, but not worth the money charged, I could have gotten the same results at a cheaper motel and it would have cost me about $700.00 less than I was charged at the Loew's, If I was a Hotel Critic, this hotel would have FAILED and never made the cut !

Room Tip: Tell them that you want it in writing as to what you should be receiving upon check in, otherwise th...
1 Thank zerambo1966

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (990)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My 17 year old daughter and I stayed at the Loews hotel in Philadelphia the first week of December, 2013 while looking at colleges in the area. I love this hotel. First, the spa has a real lap pool. Many hotels have a short pool for taking a dip. However, Loews has a real lap pool (about 20 yards long) that is great for swimmers. The rooms are large with comfortable beds, good sound proofing, and a large bathroom. The rooftop restaurant has a great view and great food although the staff seemed preoccupied and it was hard to get a refill of my coffee. I was most impressed with the concierge and bellman. When we arrived at the hotel, we realized that we had left one of our bags on the Amtrak train. The concierge called Amtrak customer service and had the conductor check the train and three different stops. Miraculously, we were able to get our bag back which was a huge relief. The bellman had great recommendations for restaurants, gelato shops, and nearby shopping.

Room Tip: We were in one of the higher floors and we had a great view.
1 Thank KCB0930
Newton, MA
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We've stayed at Loew's Philadelphia Hotel twice and will be back the next time we're in Philly. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are big enough, clean, uncluttered, and well lit. You can adjust the heat. The room has a big picture window, a good sized desk/table, a comfortable desk chair, and plenty of counter space in the bathroom. Plus it has a good gym with a two lane, 20 meter lap pool, and is located right in Center City. It's got everything we look for in a hotel at a price you just can't find in cities like NY and Boston. On the down side, it doesn't have a lobby to speak of. On the other hand, it's an historic building and the view from the restaurant on the 33rd floor is amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Delaware River.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We've been staying here for 4+ years...Love the staff, location and accommodations...Valet, 33 Lounge, Room attendants and Spa Staff have been consistently terrific and service oriented..My daughters and I will return in the not too distant future

Springfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Loews over the Christmas break with our teenage sons. We loved this place, the hotel is very modern and clean. The staff was exceptional, we felt taken care of during our entire stay. All of our requests were quickly responded to whether it was getting something from our car, putting a refrigerator in our room, or more shampoo. Another nice touch; it was raining on one day of our stay - the hotel provided umbrellas as walked out.
The hotel is in a central location and is walking distance to most areas in the city you would want to visit. There are a number of great restaurants within blocks including Chinatown and the Terminal Market, though head south if you want something more trendy. We were also pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel had a full fitness center and spa (not the usual small room with 2 treadmills and a universal that we have become accustomed to.
My only complaint - the extra charge for WiFi. Always annoys me.
We would definitely stay here again the next time we are in Philly.

Room Tip: Midlevel rooms are cheaper, but are still high enough to offer a great view of the city.
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I took our 2 kids, ages 6 and 2, for an overnight visit to Philly. We booked a king room that was able to comfortably fit a cot AND a portable crib for our 2 year old. (Not a pack and play!) The bed was very comfortable. The room was clean and spacious. We were incredibly happy with our stay!

Ocean City, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed one night at the Lowes for a wedding on New Years Eve. Staff was exceptional at all levels. Room was clean and of good size. Valet service was wonderful. The only negative is when arriving to valet cars you get backed up on 12th Street in lane of travel. Process is slow since persons are unloading their luggage to check in and out of hotel. Would stay here again if going to Center City Philly.