“Very nice room, central location”

Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #8 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The room was pleasant and nicely decorated, bedding was very comfortable. The ongoing construction in the building was causing a bit of chaos in the lobby, with slow check in / check out (but this could also have been caused by some convention going on - it is probably the main draw back of the hotel: because it is so close to the convention center, there will be large, noisy groups so not ideal... unless you are part of the said convention of course). I recommend the breakfast on the top floor restaurant - the food is average but the view is nice. Valet parking is way over priced so go with a different option if you can.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed the room; we just completed a 14 million dollar room renovation and also recreated the sleeping experience. Breakfast with a view is also a great way to start the day at Level 33. Thank you again for your recent review, and we hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Philadelphia Loews Dec. 13-14, 2013 while in town to see the Army-Navy Game. While the check-in process was difficult due to construction on the hotel blocking the entrance and hampering access to the garage, the bellmen went the extra mile making it as easy as possible-- Thank you, Kevin and Justin! Not only did these gentlemen help get us checked-in, but also delivered our bags to our room, ensured we knew where everything was and provided us maps and recommendations for getting around and getting a bite to eat. It was very cold and windy, but when we got back to the hotel lobby, there they were with a hot coffee and a smile to welcome us "home."

Room Tip: Our room was next to the elevator and we, typically light sleepers, had no problems with the noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sonja_D504

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I've never written a hotel review before, but after staying here I decided to.

Got a room here off Groupon for a concert I was attending in the city. I tend to trust Groupon's hotel picks, and I'm glad I did.

The hotel is smack dab in downtown Philly, which was perfect walking distance to everywhere I needed to go. The hotel staff were extremely friendly upon check-in and check-out. My room was clean, beds were comfortable, the view was a nice bonus; exactly what I was looking for in a hotel. WiFi is not free, although I didn't actually require WiFi for my stay, but definitely something to keep in mind for those that do need it.

I'm not sure how much I actually saved by booking through Groupon, but based on the location and overall experience with this hotel, I'm pretty sure this was a steal. Definitely got bang for my buck. If I ever needed to stay in the city again, this will be my first choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lindsey H

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The rooms are way over priced, as is the mini bar, not enough rooms with double beds, roll away beds are horrible. Tried to charge us for a soda we didnt drink as we went and got them off sight. That being said the staff is very friendly, all of them, but the one that sticks out is Kevin, the Bellman and everything else he was our three day stay, Any time he saw us he always said hello and went out of his way to make our stay great. The rooms were warm, cant set them lower than 60 and the meeting areas are FREEZING,, i got sick

Room Tip: the rooms with a view of City hall are the best
2  Thank Customerpa1234

Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not as you had expected. Should your travels bring you back to Philadelphia, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

What a joke this hotel is. The room was not ready upon arrival. Once we finally we able to get in the room, it was humid and the ac was broken. We had to sleep without the blankets just to be somewhat comfortable. I had an 11 o'clock spa appointment, which I made online. I arrived to be told, that even though the website listed that the spa was located on the fifth floor of the loews, it was actually now at the Ritz and there was nothing the new spa could do to help me and they didn't have any additional appointments. So much for relaxing at a luxury hotel. Their website list that they have a full spa menu of services but the guy running the fitness center/spa said they can only do massages. I also had to add a $13 dollar charge to my bill to get wireless to find out the number for the Ritz hotel were my facial was waiting.

Room Tip: View from the 28th and higher floors is amazing....but stay at your own risk!!
1  Thank tay8782

Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are sorry your room was not available at check in. This is unacceptable. We transitioned to 12 Fit on the first of the year and Breathe FSF is now operating solely at the Ritz Carlton. Should your travels bring you back to Philadelphia, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This hotel is modern, clean and the staff is super friendly. Perfect location in downtown Philly. Stayed for 3 nights for business and was a great experience. Parking was expensive, but staff pointed to cheaper parking less than a block away. WIFI is $13 a night (2 devices) and $16 (4 devices). If this is a must, looks for deals when booking or talk to front desk and they may help out. Restaurant is on the 33 floor and breakfast is $20 with tip (drinks included) and was awesome. Everything was fresh, decent selection and great views while you eat. Good workout center, but only a lap pool, no lounging pool.

Would definitely recommend this hotel as it is clean, modern and and great staff! I will be back.

Room Tip: Our party stayed in standard rooms as well as a corner. The corner has better views, but rooms are...
2  Thank joemama007

Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, our location, and our beautiful view with breakfast. I am pleased to announce we have just introduced complimentary Wi-Fi in our guest rooms. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We went for a quick trip to the city. Service was excellent and it is a great location to get to everything that we needed to get to. It is a little gothic but you get used to it rather quickly. Only problem we had was with the late arrival of the maid service. They didn't come until 12:45 and we had gotten up very early and were back in the room for a quick nap and that is when they came. So our room never got cleaned and for the price of the room that was disappointing. We got massages and used the spa and the staff was excellent in the fitness center also.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank twocandcs1

Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, our location. Sorry we did not service your room early (as housekeeping is until 4:30 pm, however, when you are ready for service, please call Star Service and we would love to have your room serviced at that time. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to host you again in the near future.