“Such an experience”

Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #7 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I in Philly for business and had a great stay. The suite I was given was ridiculous. Kim who manages the complementary club breakfast really knows the meaning of hospitality. She remembered me every day and asked if I wanted something I asked for the first day. Kevin on the concierge desk didn't just tell me where the nice breakfast place was, he gave me the name of his favorite diner and it was exactly what I wanted.

I hope to stay here again when our organization comes back again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are elated you enjoyed your stay during your convention. I will make sure Kim on Club and Kevin at the Concierge Desk get recognized for their outstanding service. Thank you again for your recent review, and we hope to host you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Loews Philadelphia Hotel

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Building dated but room really good, comfortable and clean. Receptionist and staff on the 33rd were all very good. Like most hotels in the area they look as if they were built 60 years ago but haven't had much love since. For Buisness it was far better than the hotel across the road!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Oatland

Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. One of our goals is to keep our history and old charm with our modern touches. We are pleased you enjoyed your newly renovated room in the first built American skyscraper. Thank you again for your recent review, and we hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

The room was pleasant and nicely decorated, bedding was very comfortable. The ongoing construction in the building was causing a bit of chaos in the lobby, with slow check in / check out (but this could also have been caused by some convention going on - it is probably the main draw back of the hotel: because it is so close to the convention center, there will be large, noisy groups so not ideal... unless you are part of the said convention of course). I recommend the breakfast on the top floor restaurant - the food is average but the view is nice. Valet parking is way over priced so go with a different option if you can.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed the room; we just completed a 14 million dollar room renovation and also recreated the sleeping experience. Breakfast with a view is also a great way to start the day at Level 33. Thank you again for your recent review, and we hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Philadelphia Loews Dec. 13-14, 2013 while in town to see the Army-Navy Game. While the check-in process was difficult due to construction on the hotel blocking the entrance and hampering access to the garage, the bellmen went the extra mile making it as easy as possible-- Thank you, Kevin and Justin! Not only did these gentlemen help get us checked-in, but also delivered our bags to our room, ensured we knew where everything was and provided us maps and recommendations for getting around and getting a bite to eat. It was very cold and windy, but when we got back to the hotel lobby, there they were with a hot coffee and a smile to welcome us "home."

Room Tip: Our room was next to the elevator and we, typically light sleepers, had no problems with the noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sonja_D504

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I've never written a hotel review before, but after staying here I decided to.

Got a room here off Groupon for a concert I was attending in the city. I tend to trust Groupon's hotel picks, and I'm glad I did.

The hotel is smack dab in downtown Philly, which was perfect walking distance to everywhere I needed to go. The hotel staff were extremely friendly upon check-in and check-out. My room was clean, beds were comfortable, the view was a nice bonus; exactly what I was looking for in a hotel. WiFi is not free, although I didn't actually require WiFi for my stay, but definitely something to keep in mind for those that do need it.

I'm not sure how much I actually saved by booking through Groupon, but based on the location and overall experience with this hotel, I'm pretty sure this was a steal. Definitely got bang for my buck. If I ever needed to stay in the city again, this will be my first choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lindsey H

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The rooms are way over priced, as is the mini bar, not enough rooms with double beds, roll away beds are horrible. Tried to charge us for a soda we didnt drink as we went and got them off sight. That being said the staff is very friendly, all of them, but the one that sticks out is Kevin, the Bellman and everything else he was our three day stay, Any time he saw us he always said hello and went out of his way to make our stay great. The rooms were warm, cant set them lower than 60 and the meeting areas are FREEZING,, i got sick

Room Tip: the rooms with a view of City hall are the best
2  Thank Customerpa1234

Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not as you had expected. Should your travels bring you back to Philadelphia, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

What a joke this hotel is. The room was not ready upon arrival. Once we finally we able to get in the room, it was humid and the ac was broken. We had to sleep without the blankets just to be somewhat comfortable. I had an 11 o'clock spa appointment, which I made online. I arrived to be told, that even though the website listed that the spa was located on the fifth floor of the loews, it was actually now at the Ritz and there was nothing the new spa could do to help me and they didn't have any additional appointments. So much for relaxing at a luxury hotel. Their website list that they have a full spa menu of services but the guy running the fitness center/spa said they can only do massages. I also had to add a $13 dollar charge to my bill to get wireless to find out the number for the Ritz hotel were my facial was waiting.

Room Tip: View from the 28th and higher floors is amazing....but stay at your own risk!!
1  Thank tay8782

Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are sorry your room was not available at check in. This is unacceptable. We transitioned to 12 Fit on the first of the year and Breathe FSF is now operating solely at the Ritz Carlton. Should your travels bring you back to Philadelphia, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.