“LOEWS PHILADELPHIA”

Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #8 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Was on a business conference. was well greeted. Staff was very nice, friendly, courteous and helpful. Rooms were well appointed, comfortable. Bed was very comfortable. only bad point was not enough electrical outlets in the bathroom, only had one plug in outlet,

A lot of sights to see but didn't get chance being in a conference but looked exciting to see if had the time. walking distance to everything.

Food was very good seeing we stayed in hotel entire time for the meetings.

Room Tip: corner room higher floors, great view could see from two sides.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank diplomatlimo
Write a ReviewReviews (5,627)

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have booked for a 10 day business stay at Loews Philadelphia. After 18 hours of turbulent travel; it was wonderful to have been welcomed by an efficient front desk staff member. Particularly heartening was the service I received from Mr Wilzor Ismeo who on learning that I had a long term booking went out of his way to ensure that my stay would be as comfortable as possible. He fitted the room with a microwave, a mini fridge and an electric kettle and made several attempts to get the correct plug point fitting so that my South African appliances would work. He was extremely reliable and attended to my needs swiftly.
Thanks Mr Ismeo your help and professionalism is highly appreciated. Juliet Perumal

Room Tip: Difficult to say as the hotel was fully booked and I settled for a room that was assigned to me.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Juliet P
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Juliet P,

I am thrilled to read that you had a great time at our hotel and thank you for recognizing Wilzor Ismeo who is truly a gem in our eyes. Please know that I will ensure that Wilzor receives the best recognition for his service excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I've always had a great stay at this particular hotel. I've always had great stays with Loews! Wonderful staff, friendly, courteous and helpful. Clean and the rooms are wonderful! Food was great as far as the food for a business meeting. Can't go wrong with this hotel!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Moondanced

Dear Moondanced,

Thank you for your lovely review and we truly appreciate your time and high remarks about our hotel. We are so pleased that we are always your home and away from home when you are in Philadelphia. We continuously strive to anticipate the needs of our guests and to offer the very best in service.

Your sincere words mean so very much and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

The design of this building is a timeless example of excellent architecture. The upgrades since its construction weave modern amenities into an icon of capitalism. The excellent service subtly provides luxury without the pretentious trappings of exclusivity. The atmosphere is welcoming, clean, and caters to various scales of social, corporate, or intimate agendas simultaneously. Special thanks to Mr. Hassan Khan for considerate attention to our needs. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Latentnyc,

I am delighted to see that you had a fantastic experience with us and truly appreciate your recognition of the memorable service provided to you by Mr. Hassan Khan. We will ensure that Hassan receives the best recognition for his commitment to deliver exceptional service.

We look forward to the welcoming you back and serving you again in our historical refined ambiance and service excellence.
All the best

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at the Loews for a meeting and it was a fantastic experience. The conference rooms were spacious and the food was great. My sleeping room was extremely clean and spacious. My bed and desk overlooked the Philadelphia skyline providing beautiful sunrises and sunsets. The hotel is located right in the middle of the action and walking distance to some great restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear DHunterC,

We appreciate your review and compliments. We are glad to hear that overall you had a pleasurable time during your visit. Thank you for choosing us and look forward to your return.

Sincerely.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband was having surgery at the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. We booked two nights at Loews since it was only a block from the hospital, and I would have to walk back to it alone in the late evening.

First, I would like to comment that there is an air of arrogance throughout the building. It's not a very friendly place. Its rather cold.

This hotel is contradictory. It appears to be a very old building, but updated with very modern furniture. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. We had booked a corner room on the top floor, and it had a very nice view of Independence Hall. That being said, however, the street-level noise seemed to be amplified in this particular room.

I ran into a problem when my husband had to stay an extra night in the hospital. I called and asked if I could have a room, any room, for another night. A woman informed me that there were no rooms available, and that, in fact, the hotel was "overbooked." That was the extent of our conversation. She did not offer to contact me if a room became available, nor did she offer help with finding another place to stay.

The following morning I checked out of my room. I, again, inquired as to whether any rooms became available. I was told no. That was it. They, basically, threw me into the street. I'm sure that I am not the only person to have stayed at Loews while their loved one was in the hospital, and may need to stay an extra night or two while their family member was recovering. A loved one being hospitalized is stressful enough. I surely didn't need the stress of having to find a place to stay.

Fortunately, I have been to Philly many times, and know my way around. I went directly across the street to the Marriott, and they were more than helpful. I was even given a free upgrade to a corner room. The entire staff was sympathetic, friendly, courteous, and went out of their way. The room I stayed in was actually nicer and quieter than the room that I had stayed in at Loews. I would highly recommend staying at the Marriott on Market Street whether someone is in the hospital, you are in Philly for business, or are just visiting. I can't say enough nice things about this hotel.

I have stayed at many different hotels. When I was in Tampa, a broken transformer near the hotel that I was staying at caused a power outage. They not only made us other reservations at a rival hotel, but also provided shuttle service to the new place. That's customer service !!!!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on a "luxury" king room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Patricia B

Dear Patricia B,

We truly appreciate that time you have taken to share review of your recent experience at Loews Philadelphia. We sincerely apologize that our staff was less than accommodating and it is truly disheartening to hear that your stay was anything less than a memorable experience. Please know that I have reviewed your feedback with our Director of Front Office.

Your feedback is extremely important to us and I would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. If you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at this number (215-231-7221). I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel has the largest basic room I have ever seen. I would say this is a solid 4 star hotel. Nothing fancy but everything is comfortable here. Subway is just under the building. Window view is great if you have a room facing the river. I like the bath soap of this hotel very much!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Astoria_HKG,

Thank you for choosing Loews Philadelphia, and sharing your wonderful experience. We truly appreciate your kind compliments and certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and serving you again.

Regards,