“good hotel for conferences and business meetings”

Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #7 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Delhi
“good hotel for conferences and business meetings”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

good hotel for conferences and business meetings. The view is enchanting and the building is at a historical site. the places of interest for tourists are quite close too. However, its not a very touristy hotel.

1 Thank skhemka
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our building, a former bank and prime location within walking distance to the historic district, shopping and restaurants. Thank you again for your review and we hope to host you again soon.

Sean C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (990)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This Loews is in a great location downtown with many sights and restaurants within walking distance. The staff was pleasant and happy to help without being stuffy or overbearing. We ordered room service one night and the salad was small, but delicious. For all Loews does well, there were little things that took the shine off. For example, we were surprised to find holes from wear across the bed sheets in the otherwise well-appointed room. I called room service to rave about the food we'd ordered and to let them know that the butter dish arrived with hair in it. Without apology, the woman taking my call asked me to confirm whether I wanted her to actually report that or not, which seemed like an odd response. Overall, a pleasant, average to good stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Occhiperonde
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our friendly staff and prime location within walking distance to the historic district, shopping and restaurants. Thank you again for your review and we hope to host you again soon.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at the Lowe's in Philadelphia yesterday for a convention. Starting with the front desk staff, they were friendly and helpful. My room was a single queen, the room was perfect in size and clean. The bathroom was spacious. The bed was comfortable and the water pressure was perfect. The hotel concierge was amazing, upon learning that I was a vegetarian and looking for a restaurant he took the time to recommend a few of his personal favorites. I have to admit I rarely check with the concierges because I tend to believe they are paid to suggest certain restaurants and they tend to be dreadful. I am pleased to announce the restaurant he sent me to was great. I did eat in the hotel restaurant. The servers were pleasant and helpful and the food was amazing. I tend to avoid hotel restaurants because I usually find them over priced with few choices for a vegetarian, I am happy to say that the Lowe's did not let me down. The food was delicious. I did have time to go down to the gym, it has a wide variety of machines. The machines were in good working order and the gym was clean. My stay was for a business trip, but i can honestly say that if I return to Philly for a family vacation I would check with the Lowe's Hotel first for availability. Last note the hotel is located by tons of local restaurants and within walking distance of Independence Hall and major tourist sites.

1 Thank Michelle A
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms, our gym and our new restaurant Bank & Bourbon. We are pleased that our staff made such a positive impression and made your stay more enjoyable, including the concierge. Thank you again for your review and we hope to host you again soon.

Klein, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here while attending the Army/Navy game. It came highly recommended and we got a great rate. However, they were finishing up renovations and the hotel's ambiance wasn't great. The decor was just okay. Something I've seen many times before in hotels with a modern decor. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean and well appointed. However, our room's arrangement was terrible. The queen bed was positioned so it was impossible to watch TV comfortably, which would have been nice at the end of a long day sightseeing. The room service took a very long time and the food was just okay. We had drinks and apps at their bar, which I found less than appealing. The atmosphere was dull and appeared cheap. The cheese plate was not well thought out. The pairings did not really go well together and it was overpriced for what you were served. Overall, I would not stay here again. I will say that after I gave the hotel feedback, they credited a little money back to my card, which was nice of them.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are sorry you were here during our renovation phase and appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience. We are pleased that you enjoyed our clean, well-appointed rooms and that our staff made such a positive impression. Thank you again for your review and we hope to host you again soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here 2 nights over Memorial DAy for a wedding. Was very impressed with the hotel. Great location walking distance to Liberty Bell and many other Philly attractions. nice lobby and layout. Well trained staff, very personable and efficient.

Pros
1. The gym and spa were awesome- better than most downtown hotel gyms I have seen. Great workout facility, pool and nice to steam/sauna afterwards. A plus

2. Any request we had was handled quickly and with professionalism. Room service was great. WE didnt eat all the food that night, so they brought a microwave to our room so we could heat it up. They even brought a steamer to our room for our wedding clothes. Above and beyond!

3. Room and bathroom were decorated well, comfy bed, quiet corner room, great views. Kuerig in room was a nice touch. bathroom was huge.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a Grand King, it was perfect for our needs
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank doctorty
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our workout facility, prime location within walking distance to shopping dining and historic sites and our newly renovated guestrooms. We are thrilled that our staff made such a positive impression and was able to fulfill your requests. Thank you again for your review and we hope to host you again soon.

Carthage, New York
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Booked 2 rooms here for a weekend with friends. Staff was great very helpful with restaurants things to do etc... hotel lobby seems dark and doesn't give the best impression of the hotel. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. ...If I had to do it again I'd stay at the Marriott just bc of the atmosphere of the lobby and location to parking garage. All in all good stay though.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Keni P
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms and that our staff made such a positive impression and was helpful. Thank you again for your review and we hope to host you again soon.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Rooms nicely appointed, excellent service. The only reason I didn't rate with 5 stars is because there were some spills on the bare floor in the hallway on my floor that were not cleaned up completely. Great stay overall.

Room Tip: Look for deals that include internet and food/beverage credit
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms and our excellent service. Thank you again for your review and we hope to host you again soon.