“Rose M. Great Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bowie, Maryland
“Rose M. Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I would like to thank Eric Sisco who works at the front desk for providing me with outstanding customer service when I stayed 7/8/14-7/10/14. He went above and beyond his call of duty. Also, I would like to thank Tyreke who works at the front door for helping me and providing outstanding customer service. Kudos to the other men who work at the front door and the man who got my suitcase from the back when I had to leave as well. Keep up the great work that you do guys! I loved the convenience of being downtown.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled that Eric was able to provide you with excellent service that made your stay both more enjoyable and memorable. Thank you for the kind words about our team members, we will be sure to share it with them. We always strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Sean C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (970)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I arrived late after a cross-country flight to find out that they "overbooked" like an airline and they gave the room away that I had reserved. There was not any kind of warning on my "confirmation" e-mail. So in the middle of the night (after midnight) I had to take a taxi to another hotel, re-pack early the next morning and then take another taxi ride back for my meetings (the hotel did pay for the taxi).

I was promised that a room would be ready by 10:00 or 11:00 and my baggage would be sitting in my room waiting for me. It wasn't ready at 10:00. When I checked at 12:00 it was ready, but my luggage was not there. They finally brought it after another phone call and luckily I was able to get the items I needed for another appointment - with only 3 minutes to spare.

I got lots of "I'm sorry" and a "free night" of parking (helpful to my company, but not me personally. I was not appreciative of the alcohol left in my room as an apology. I don't drink for religious reasons.

I'll never be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dennybyu
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for submitting your detailed review of the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. I want to apologize for all of the issues you had while staying at our property. We sincerely appreciate your comments and I apologize that your experience at the hotel was not a memorable one. We strive to provide excellent service to our guests and I am so sorry you left feeling differently about us. Should you wish to discuss the issues you incurred with me, please reach out directly. I hope you will afford us another opportunity in the future with a return visit.

Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had high hopes. They did not have anything as advertised for "Loews Loves Kids." The room was average/small. We saw a roach on the wall, debris left on the floor. And, a fire alarm during our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank John D
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. I am very sorry about your experiences during your stay and welcome the opportunity to further discuss these with you if you wish to contact me directly. I apologize that we failed to make your stay a memorable one, as we strive to provide excellent service and accommodations to our guests and apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We hope you will afford us another opportunity in the future with a return visit.

Norwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

The staff at this place is wonderful. It all began with our bellman, Kevin. What a sweetie. Our room was delightful and I just love the convenience of being right downtown, just 2 blocks away from the gayborhood!! Loves!!!

Room Tip: We had a corner room. The views were fabulous. We could see the fireworks in New Jersey right from...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank AdgeHeartsTravelling
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time at the property and that our team members, including Kevin, made your stay memorable. We are also happy that you had the chance to experience the city since we are centrally located to great dining, shopping and historic sites, as well as Philadelphia’s vibrant “gayborhood.” We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Great staff always there for you. Even as big as they are they go out of their way to know your name.

The front desk guys sorry forgot your names but you knew mine daily, you guys were great. Thanks I'm always travelling but felt at home here too...

• Stayed July 2014
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased that our team members made you feel welcome and very much at home. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and I spent our 10th anniversary at the Loews and we were very impressed with the attention paid to our stay to make sure it was memorable. The concierge went over and above to meet our needs and the staff was there to please. We would highly recommend Loews.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Matthew H
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel and for allowing us to share your tenth anniversary with you. We are thrilled that the attention to detail by our team members made your stay a memorable one. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

upstate, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was here for a business trip. It is in a great location. It is only one block away from the convention center (and the Reading Terminal market -yum!) You can easily walk to several of Philadelphia's attractions. The room was clean and quiet. The staff is what makes it really shine however. -- Very helpful, very friendly, very efficient. Happy to help make your stay comfortable. The room was also a good price considering the amenities and the location. They have a nice fitness room as well. I would certainly stay here again when in Philly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed our convenient location and that you indulged in a local favorite – the Reading Terminal Market. We are glad you enjoyed your guest room and even more excited that our team members made your stay so memorable. We look forward to hosting you again soon when you return to Philly!