“Bad customer service”

Ranked #7 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Bad customer service”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Would have given this hotel a 5 star rating due to clean and comfortable; however, website was deceiving, room price was supposed to include overnight parking..was told it did not at checkout. Very dissatisfied with lowes management in addressing this issue..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Thomas J
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. While I am happy that you enjoyed our guestrooms, I am disappointed to hear of your issue regarding parking. I welcome the opportunity to further discuss this issue with you. We seek to make every stay a memorable one and I am sorry we failed to do so with your stay. I hope you will afford us another opportunity in the future with a return visit.

Sean C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,006)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Cozy yet spacious rooms with mini-bar options and complimentary Keurig brewer. Spacious bathroom and spa-quality complimentary toiletries. Housekeeping prepared for any request. Bank & Bourbon is A+++! A/C a little weak.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the guestroom and its amenities. We are also pleased that our housekeeping staff members made your experience memorable and that you had the opportunity to dine in our new restaurant Bank & Bourbon. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My family and I stayed there from Friday, July 4th to Sunday, July 6th. When I called and booked the hotel, I requested an early check-in, and the rep said is not a problem. When I arrived at a hotel at 2:00pm, I let the hotel know that I requested an early check in when I booked the hotel, I even notified the shift manager (Jenna), but she was less than willing to accommodate us to check us in a room, as the hotel room was not even ready at 4:00pm. After waiting around for about four hours (6:00pm) and we missed our dinner reservation at 5:00pm as well, we were able to check in a room on 31st Floor.

When we got to our room, we noticed that the room was not able to view the firework. We called the front desk staff. She was very impolite and said, "We are 100% fully booked, and can not offered a new room.” I complained to the shift manager and requested another room but was told there were no other rooms available.We picked this hotel because of the location and the only reason I paid more is to view the firework and some positive reviews I had read online. However, this is a very an unpleasant experience and we were very disappointed.

On our second day, when we returned to our room at 3:30pm we noticed that the beds had not been made, and cleaning staff had not visited yet. I spoke to front desk at the lobby and ask, and they said they were understaffed and finally at 4:00pm, a maid came in and only took her less than 10 minutes to clean our room. While I do understand that low staff can cause issues, but we did pay for full service.

I am shocked by this terrible service. This is not what anyone expects for $300 a night!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for submitting a detailed review of your stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. I want to apologize for the issues you encountered while on-site and I welcome the opportunity to discuss them with you. We strive to make each stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel a memorable one, and I am so sorry we failed to do so with your stay. Again, please contact me directly if you wish to discuss these issues further. Thank you for your review and we hope you will offer us another opportunity in the future with a return visit.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was there for a major convention and the Marriot somehow screwed up my reservation where they had me staying July 11th - 15th when I needed to be there through the 16th of July. The Loews manager took care of me, signed me for the Loyalty program and whereever I go I will look to see if there is a Loews and it is near the convention center. Thank you.

The Philadelphia location is pet friendly. WOW!!!!!

GOD Blessed

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Dell Joseph C
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled that we were able to turn an unpleasant event into an opportunity to make your stay in Philadelphia pleasurable and memorable. We appreciate that you will seek out Loews properties as you travel and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Came for a business conference, extremely impressed with how Loew's preserved/renovated this modernist landmark building. Very respectful renovation that resulted in both the public areas and the individual rooms being consistent, well executed, and comfortable modern/international settings.

Beyond this, the meals through the conference and the restaurants and room service were fine.

Finally, the front desk and concierge service were superior. Jessica, Daisha, and others whose names I didn't get we're helpful and showed enthusiasm for working in the hotel and providing good service to guests.

Well done.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jwnyc0000
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our recent enhancement project and how we blend the historic elements with the modern amenities that today’s travelers want and need. We are also pleased that you enjoyed our friendly team members and that they made your stay memorable. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is an excellent hotel. The atmosphere and staff are exceptional. We hosted my daughter's wedding there and with the exception of a few minor details all was as requested. The food was very enjoyable.

1 Thank Patricia J
Thank you for y our recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed the atmosphere and our team members made your experience a memorable one. We are also pleased you enjoyed the food. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We only stayed for one day. The hotel staff was nice, The lobby and guest areas are chic and relaxing. Room furniture was a little dated, especially the chair. The corner bed near to the window was broken I think as it was slanted and I kept rolling off the side. Suffice to say the lumpy mattress and the slanted bed made for one of the worst sleep we have ever had in a hotel room. The bathroom was very roomy and was adequate. Had some cleanliness issues. We had a a corner room 2516 and the view was nice.
I am giving it three stars because of the location and because we overall liked the modern look and feel of the hotel. They need to update the beds and the bathrooms and it will be a 4 and half star hotel. We booked this hotel as this was one of the few that had a pool. The pool is very narrow. Two lanes. Did not visit the spa. We never ate at the restaurant.There are loads of other choices around. The reading terminal market is a great stop, even if its is a bit expensive. If you just make you way down the street a bit you get to passayunk which has tons of good restaurants. Out of towners- lot of places are closed on Monday.
So overall ok experience. But wont stay there again.

Room Tip: Check the beds as ours was broken and check the cleanliness of bathroom