“Great conference hotel in downtown Philadelphia”

Loews Philadelphia Hotel
Ranked #7 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Redwood City
“Great conference hotel in downtown Philadelphia”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Spent five nights at the Loews for two conference related events. The newly renovated lobby bar and restaurant are quite nice. The best attribute of this hotel is its central location. There are many great restaurants, bars and other attractions within easy walking distance. Absolutely no need for a rental car if you stay here. Definitely recommend the Loews for conference and other group events. The only negative was the relatively slow wi-fi network access in my room.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms above the 20th floor with a view towards the Delaware river.
1 Thank DerekGittoes
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby bar and our new restaurant Bank & Bourbon. We are pleased you enjoyed our location, just steps from great dining, shopping and historic sites. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Sean C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,006)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a work conference and loved it. They were great and easy to work with. One of their employees Clinton even went above and beyond to help me with my belongings. I had excellent service throughout my whole stay and would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay during your conference and hope that you will return again soon. We are thrilled you found our team members to be friendly and helpful and will share your comment with Clinton!

St. Louis
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I booked this hotel on the recommendation of a friend on the hotel website. Check in was super efficient and informative. The location of this hotel is excellent if you're in town to tour the historic monuments which are accessible from one of two train stops each less than 1/2 a block away (11th or 15th stations for Market line). I found the in room decor plain (white with white curtains/black carpet) and not inviting or warm which is more my problem than theirs! THe room however was clean and updated. The price of this hotel was worth the location with excellent service. We used the concierge twice for directions and restaurant recommendations- they were always willing to help and very friendly.

Our room was on the 23rd floor facing the Deleware River towards the East. I would probably recommend the view towards the west facing City Hall and the skyline. Our view was nice but definitely not the money shot we were hoping for.

The only negative was on Friday and Saturday nights we had loud neighbors partying until 3am and running up and down the halls and drinking in the halls. Needless to say we did not sleep well. We didn't bother to call the front desk. Both noise levels from the front door and from next door through the walls were poor.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room higher than 25th floor facing west towards the skyline and Old City Hall
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed our efficient check in and that you found our location – just steps from great dining, shopping, transportation and the historic sites – to be convenient. We are glad you found your room to be clean and updated. We are sorry that you encountered noise; we strive to provide an excellent experience for all of our guests. I am certain if you had reached out to the front desk we could have been of assistance at the time. It does sound like you enjoyed your stay overall and we hope you will visit again soon!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here overnight after a mid-week show in University City. I'm a Philadelphia native and was interested to stay in a building with such a strong local history. Excellent service at check-in, I believe Matthew assisted us. He was very friendly, helpful, and most efficient. We arrived right at peak check-in time, but all of the front desk staff worked quickly and efficiently.

Hotel is centrally located and taxis are easy to come by. Also walking distance to Market East, which makes it an excellent base for a city break.

Our room was on the 15th floor facing the river. Our view encompassed Market Street and the Walt Whitman Bridge. The room had no overhead lighting except in the entryway, but the large window allowed plenty of natural light during the day. The bed, towels, and linens were spotless and very comfortable.

The furnishings were modern and chic; it was very much what I would expect in a trendy and contemporary hotel. I would go as far as to say it looked almost exactly like the management photos, which impressed me. Here, what you see is exactly what you get and it was lovely.

Did not eat in house so cannot comment on either room service or Bank and Bourbon, but room services prices looked reasonable considering.

Check-out was seamless - capped a wonderful stay at the Loews. Check out the original PSFS elevators in the lobby before you leave!

Room Tip: 10th floor is pet-friendly.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our historic building complete with modern amenities. We are glad that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable guestroom. We are happy that you enjoyed the décor and hope that you will join us again so you can dine in our restaurant Bank & Bourbon.

Philadelphia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel was lovely! All of the staff were friendly and courteous. The room was clean and spacious. Our room service experience was positive and they could not have been nicer or more accommodating! I wouldn't recommend the spa for guest services such as massages, I was not 100% satisfied with our couples massage.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sean C, General Manager at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are pleased you found our team members to be friendly and courteous and your guestroom to be clean and spacious. We are happy you enjoyed your room service experience. I am sorry you did not enjoy your spa services, but it does sound like you did enjoy your overall experience at the hotel. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Carmel, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed for one night 8/9-8/10 and could not have been more pleased with everything. Yes, it costs around $34 or so dollars to park over night, but at least you know your car is in a garage that's staffed 24 hours a day.
Check in was a breeze and our room was nice. We were in #915...away from the street noise, but sadly not much of a view at all. My only other complaint is that the room doors are loud...all day/night you would hear them slamming.
24 hour room service is a plus and the mini bar will do in a pinch, minus the $11 dollar gummy bears.
Concierge was fantastic...super helpful and accommodating. I somehow managed to not pack any hair elastics. How I did this, I'm still not sure. I called down prefacing that I had an odd request and asked if they happened to have any. I was told they didn't, but he would be happy to run to CVS for me. Within 15/20 minutes of me calling down, they were brought up to my room with a smile. He even purchased the metal free one...I didn't even remember to ask for those!
The bar is open until around 2am, with last call being like 1:30am I think. Conveniently located in the hotel lobby as well.
If I was ever in the Philly area, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher up floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled that you were pleased with the property and that you enjoyed our concierge and that they were able to provide a package of hair elastics for you. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our bar at Bank & Bourbon and look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here for a weekend getaway and a wedding. Very centrally located to everything we needed. The fitness center here was impressive. We will definitely stay here again if ever in the area again. Staff very friendly and helpful with helping get around the city. Overall wonderful experience.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your recent stay at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed your visit during your weekend getaway. We are pleased you enjoyed our friendly team members and that they made your stay memorable. We look forward to hosting you again soon.