“Great stay, great location”

The Franklin Hotel at Independence Park
Ranked #27 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Montreal, Canada
“Great stay, great location”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was fifth hotel I stayed at with my wife on our honeymoon-roadtrip and it was definitely a nice hotel, we had a great view of Philly and the room was large and luxurious. We were in Philly for Independence Day so it was an interesting stay. Only minor complaints.

Presentation (4/5)
Overall the room was excellent, very luxurious and clean. I wasn't a huge fan of the shower, but that is minor. One thing I found weird was while the lobby and rooms were air conditioned, the hallways of the hotel were not. This isn't a big deal, but a bit strange when exiting the hotel you go from cold, to hot, to cold, to hot again (outside). I understand that this is probably to save energy, so I guess it's OK.

Service (4/5)
The service was good at the Omni, none of the staff were overly friendly but they weren't necessarily rude either.

Room Service/Dining (N/A)
We didn't eat in the hotel, we only stayed one night and didn't really have the time.

Location (5/5)
The location of the Omni couldn't be better, right outside independence hall. We had a view of the park and the water, very nice. We also got to see fourth of July fireworks in our room, great location.

Room Tip: Get a room facing over the park if you can.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrendanMTL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

The Omni is an amazing Hotel in the heart of historic Philadelphia. Having been to Philadelphia several times before I have stayed in other hotels but wanted to try the Omni this time. I got a pretty good price for a deluxe room. The doorman was very friendly and welcoming. I was so surprised that the room had a view of Independence Hall. From what I understand it is the only hotel with that view. The room was really nice. I especially enjoyed the two giant comfortable chairs by the window. The only complaint I had was about the age of the room. I like the hotels traditional style decor but as for the overall condition of the room and bathroom it looks like a renovation is in order, especially by the tub. Despite this the benefits of staying at the Omni outweigh the negative things. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank iluvnewportri
New Jersey
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Hotel location is it's best though not only very good aspect. Paid $200. night as part of a negotiated wedding group and for that received a larger than typical upscale hotel room. I was on 7th floor of 14 (14 looks like penthouse type rooms). Rooms were quiet though on a fairly busy street. I believe all rooms overlook Independence park, is 1 block from independence Hall, 2 from Liberty Bell, and only a few easy blocks from waterfront and South Street neighborhoods. No need for a car or taxi (garage was $37 per night though). Good sized bathroom with robes.
Staff was attentive, good with directions and ideas. Desk with tourist opportunities but not pushy.
Restaurant was closed for dinner which was fine since within blocks you can be at Budakhan (1 block) or Cheese Steak heaven (So. St.). Very good Sunday Brunch. Well above average Gym in basement, as well as a Spa.
only real down side was that common areas, not the rooms, were quite warm, but after all it was 100 degrees outside this weekend.

Room Tip: anything above the 4th floor should be quiet. if planning on using the gym bring earpods or headpho...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DillyScarlet
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 July 2012

First, Philadelphia is a great town to visit. With all the history, great restaurants and more, you can easily spend a few days there. The downtown historic district is a great place to stay because then you are close to all of the big attractions and there are tons of restaurants. The Omni is in the heart of the historic districts, really just steps away from everything. More than location, the hotel was terrific. We were greeted pleasantly, the room was spacious, clean and quiet. It was a great stay.

Room Tip: Higher is better - street noise could be a problem.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StamfordSpider
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My Wife and I stayed here and it was a fantastic hotel!! We loved the location and the room. The staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Demetrios-Erin
Northern NJ
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Just got back from a weekend in Philadelphia and we really enjoyed our stay at the Omni Hotel at Independence Park. The location is perfect for seeing the historical sights...Liberty Bell, National Constitution Center, Independence Hall, etc. and close to the starting points for the city bus tours.

Everyone we came in contact with at the hotel was very friendly. Special thanks to Gale, the Concierge, who called me back when I called prior to our arrival with information on the best cheese steak restaurants in the area. I spoke with her again when we arrived and she had a handy list of good area restaurants for families with kids.

We were 2 adults and 2 children and we booked the Classic Deluxe Room with King Bed and Sofa Bed. I booked online and received a good rate with AAA discount. The room was a good size (even when the sofa bed was open.) The sofa bed worked fine for my 8 & 9 year old boys, but not sure it would have been comfortable for teenagers. The room was clean and the furnishings were updated. The bathroom was large and also clean. Sink didn't drain well, but I find this to be the case in many hotel bathrooms. No complaints about noise at night and we were there on a sold-out night when the hotel was hosting 3 weddings. My one son did complain that the a/c was too loud when it was cycling on/off during the night.

We needed to call housekeeping when we settled in for the night because we needed additional towels (there were only 3 bath towels in the bathroom) and another pillow (they made up the sofa bed with only 1 pillow for 2 kids). Surprising we had everything within 10-15 minutes of our phone call.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for travelers in town for sightseeing or any other reason. We enjoyed our stay there and I would consider staying at other Omni's based on our experience.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NJMom39
texas
Reviewed 23 June 2012

For a history buff, being able to see Independence Hall from your hotel window was nice.....and we could hear the clock chiming on the hour. We also could hear the street noise even though we were on the 7th floor. But........the professional, friendly, helpful, courtous staff made up for any noises we heard. We were made to feel like royalty...........If you're coming to Philadelphia for the history, this is the place to stay.......there weren't many restaurant alternatives close by (not the Omni's fault), but taxis were reasonable and available.

I was a bit disappointed in the city of Philadelphia, but LOVED staying at the Omni.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends