Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
  • Restaurant
Penn's View Hotel(Philadelphia)
Morris House Hotel(Philadelphia)
  • Breakfast included
Sleep Inn Center City(Philadelphia)
1,698 results
All reviewsindependence parkliberty bellgreat locationold cityhistoric sitesvalet parkingwithin walking distancecorner roomroom servicechestnut streetconstitution centercan't beat the locationvalet serviceroom was largevery nice hotelking bedfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The location is perfect if your goal is to see Old City and have a nice view from your window. The hotel itself is very pretty. The lobby staff (front desk, valet, concierge, etc) are incredibly friendly, courteous and helpful. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The maid service we had was poor in that they didn't tuck in the bottom sheets one night or supply us with a sufficient number of robes or towels (even after leaving a note requesting more than 2 bath towels). Had we called the front desk, I'm sure they would've delivered extra towels promptly, though. We also couldn't get a good water temperature in the shower most days. The water was either too hot or too cold. We had one issue with a loud sound from, possibly, a furnace or generator. I called the front desk and the problem was resolved within 30 minutes. Like I said, the hotel staff is wonderful. Internet is iffy on the 12th floor, so if you want reliable internet, its best to get a lower room. We didn't watch much TV, but were unable to adjust the aspect ratio on the LCD TV to correct the distorted images from an incorrect setting. Overall, it was a nice stay, but we're not sure we'd stay there again because of the maid service issues.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've stayed at a few different Omni properties and this one by far, sad to say, needs help. Based on previous experiences at Omni hotels, I had a level of expectation on hotel service and quality for the brand.

I had read previous reviews about street noise and when I checked in, I asked the front desk if they could put me in a room that doesn't face the street. He said he was going to put me on the quiet side of the hotel. But what I got was a 4th floor room that faced directly out onto Chestnut. There must be a bus stop right in front of the hotel so all night you hear the buses beep and buzz by your room as if the bus stop is in your room! Many of you might be thinking "well it's a city and you should expect city noise". This is true as I travel many times to New York for business. However, unlike the triple paned windows in New York that prevent most of the noise from seeping into your room, the Omni is clearly using some cheap single pane window and hasn't updated it in quite some time.

I did ask the front desk if there were any other rooms available I could switch to and they said they will leave a message for the on-duty manager to get back to me. I checked in with the front desk when I went out for dinner and they said they definitely left a message with the manager and that he would get back to me soon. I never heard from the manager during my entire stay.

Speaking of updating, the rooms are in desperate need of one. There is an "old world charm" to the rooms but the carpets were ragged, paint/wallpaper chipping off the walls, and the bathroom needs a massive scrub down from built up mildew. Ladies, pack a mirror because there was no vanity mirror here to help put your makeup on.

I could have easily given this hotel a 1 or 2 stars but the saving grace of my stay was the friendliness of the rest of the staff. Everyone from the waitress at the hotel restaurant to the doorman/bellman was courteous and friendly. They wanted to make sure you were having a pleasant stay. Even the gentleman that initially took my message about changing rooms - he knew that the manager never got back to me and offered me a free breakfast coupon to try to make it up to me. Perhaps these people could give that on-duty manager a lesson in customer service.

Location wise, the hotel is just a block from Independence Hall. The location was great and I think it's also close to public transportation (remember the bus?).

If I was coming back to Philly on business again, I'll make sure to remember to stay at the Hotel Monaco next door. Perhaps they have managers who care about their guests.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor not facing the street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lucidlilies
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I've stayed here on previous occasions, and it is by far the best in customer service, and amenities. The furnishings and decor are fabulous. Everyone is professional and goes out of their to please the customer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The Omni is centrally located, and offers nice facilities for the kids. We spent last weekend here with our 11 and 13 year olds, and the indoor pool was warm, and a perfect break. The staff was friendly, and the hotel lobby is impressive and comfortable. The towels in the bathrooms were more plush than most hotels, too! Upon leaving, we realized that dogs are welcome, too. May bring the little guy next time. Would definitely recommend this hotel for couples or families.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

excellent hotel, restaurant & spa & the location is perfect to see the historic sites of Philadelphia. I would definitely return if in the area. The local buses come directly in front of the hotel & cabs are also plentiful in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends