“Staycation”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Staycation”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Pros: Amazing service. Everyone was incredibly friendly, and the Loyalty Ambassador had a free chocolate mousse delivered to our room for my husband's birthday. If you are a select guest (it just requires an e-mail address!), they deliver a complimentary beverage to your room each morning and internet access is free. The location is also great. Walking distance to many of Philadelphia's best neighborhoods, attractions, and restaurants.

Areas for growth: The towels in our room were frayed. The cable stopped working 45 minutes into our stay and was not fixed before we left. We could hear children playing in the room next door to us. All of this was addressed by the front desk. Although they weren't able to fix the cable, they did take 10% off of our bill.

We'd stay again and would probably visit other Omni properties, as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Montvale, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The hotel was elegant and the location could not have been better. We experienced some minor annoyances with the room. The heat was defective and could not be repaired during our stay. The cable TV went out right in the middle of the big football game throughout the hotel and was not fixed while we were there. The staff was very friendly and made every effort to address our concerns. If you are planning to see the historic sites in the Old City you cannot make a better hotel choice. We would definitely return.

Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The Omni Hotel at Independence Hall in Philadelphia is, hands down, my favorite hotel! My family and I often visit for short trips and it is difficult to find a hotel with friendlier staff. They always remember us and make our stay a pleasure. My son loves the complementary cookies and milk! The hotel is well maintained with an excellent indoor pool. Also the location is prime for Philadelphia - just one block from Independence Hall and other historical sites. Many excellent restaurants are within a 10 minute walk.

Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Just ok, not great. Everything about this hotel is fine which, these days isn't enough. Food was unexceptional and the restaurant was uninspiring. Though the woman tending bar was lovely and gracious. Great location but there are better options nearby.

• Stayed January 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Lovely hotel in convenient and historic location. Surrounded by Independence National Park. My room had outstanding views of park and the Delaware River. Some slight hiccups in service during stay, but friendly staff willing to resolve issues made a difference. A major snowstorm occurred on day of checkout, and staff tried to assist travelers strapped for transportation options. Would recommend. Booked with United miles.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Millburn, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The initial welcome - was "Are you sure you are in the right hotel? No reservation found!"
There was a reservation, although in retrospect, I wish I left the hotel at that time.
No special welcome bag for children, no games, sent sour warm milk with the cookies, since I was a Select Guest Member. The room service called my room at 7am to ask when they wanted to send the complimentary beverage - they never picked up the door request w/time marked - I preferred sleep, gave them a time. There was no phone located beside the bed - it was very obnoxious, the early call - especially they never came with room service - when I called - they came up without food we ordered, and more bad sour milk for coffee.
There was no TV service- called front desk about movie availability -did not receive a call back, and when I went downstairs, the front desk person yelled a me saying I was so rude from the time I walked in. It was awful. The nice door person then gave me directions to the 7-11, so I could get my son milk (that wasn't bad).
There was an old wet bag in the ice chest from the last guest in the room & I felt so uncomfortable by that time - I just went without using it.
Before leaving the hotel, I called the guest services manager, who was professional and gracious.

2 Thank theNJTravler
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I booked through Expedia and got a great deal. I thought I booked a room with a king bed and pull out sofa for my two boys. Erroneously I only booked two adults. The front desk was great and switched us to the right room without any problem. We were even able to check in early which was a big plus. The location can not be beat. Our view was of Independence Hall and Park. The hotel is in very easy walking distance of all of Old City. Penn's Landing is about a 5 block walk and even Reading Terminal Market is about 8. Philadelphia is a wonderful walking town with an abundance of attractions, restaurants and history that is fun for the whole family. The Omni is very child friendly and my boys were thrilled with the milk and cookie service. Call the desk before 10pm and they bring a glass of milk and 2 cookies per child...a big hit. The room and bathroom were both large and had all the amenities we could ever want. There also is an indoor pool which is an added bonus.

Stayed January 2014